How to completely uninstall Manager

I thought I had uninstalled Manager Desktop completely but when I try to install an older version the following message is displayed:

I already deleted the folders in which Manager is installed and there are no business files or other files present on the HDD. I also searched the registry for ManagerDesktop, manager.io and ManagerServer but nothing is found. I’m stuck so maybe someone can give me more ideas about where to look for remnants? @lubos ?

BTW, I really want to keep using the older version so just installing the latest one is, although easy enough, not an option.

Just an estimate, because I haven’t experienced it.
This registry should be associated with Installer Information.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-21-2815634690-2804744837-1966061261-1001\Products\CFB4FA01250371141864DE7759BE6368
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{10AF4BFC-3052-4117-8146-ED7795EB3686}
1 Like

In the past I have used Manager’s un-installer to achieve what you want. Manually deleting the things you can find risks missing something.

Deleting the two registries above only affects the default data location. It’s still quite safe, because the Manager Desktop is a Portable application.

You can use Manager Desktop without having to install it, just copy/paste Manager Application folder to another computer.

You can even run more than one version on the same computer

Try Revo Uninstaller maybe that can help. Not sure but give it a try.

Thanks for the replies. I had to do a windows reset the partition with windows 10 on it keeping only my personal files and documents so all installed applications were gone. However, the reset created a windows.old folder from which I copied the Manager folders in AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming to the partition with windows 11 and now I have a working Manager on both the Windows 10 and the Windows 11 partition. (I should have copied the folders over before doing the reset of course).

You could have just reinstalled the prior new version then used its uninstall option