Firefox Backup

This actually should… :+1:

*Just a note: Manager opens from start, I can still use it and generate reports but cannot open from a backup (wrong file allocation?)
Manager short cut is the only reference I can find on my pc. Not showing in apps or anywhere else except as backup files created by me as manager backup folder but showing as Acrobat files. problem started when backup file was sent via Firefox after which all previous backups changed to Acrobat PDF.
Have attempted all of your collective methods several times but all remains the same.
Will try a third party tech. But as always, thanks for all your help, Regards

It already has been mentioned to you in this topic by @patch. When you backup a business and for whatever reason need to open the backup, you must import that backup, i.e. you cannot open from a backup.

Follow the guides at:
https://www.manager.io/guides/8890

Read all but especially this:

Import or restore a business from backup (there is no difference) under the Businesses tab by clicking Add Business and selecting Import Business :

I believed that at first, but after experimentation, it turns out that you can actually open the backup without importing the business – I didn’t know that at first.

Moreover, when you open the backup file directly in the Desktop Edition, you can view the business file temporarily without adding to the business list in the main database – which is a very handy feature.

Anyway, solutions to this topic were provided. That besides the issue is with using the OS and not manager is why this topic needs to be closed.

2 Likes