Extension wishlist

Continuing the discussion from Report transformation are gone!:

That’s absolutely true and maybe that’s what you originally intended for it. But it could be more than just that.

What I was hoping for it to be is to enable custom actions on documents – maybe expose the UUID in documents is exposed this would require less DOM interactions. This would be great since we can for example add a “Clear” button on receipts and payments so we can set the status without going into edit mode.

Even more so, I imagine it to work on selections from main tabs to create custom actions. I already created a button to switch into BATCH VIEW mode but I couldn’t figure out a way to get a button there. It will be awesome if we can manage that.

I once proposed if batch actions could be grouped in one page. On the main tab you get a “Batch actions” button which takes us to a single Batch actions page which has selection checkboxes. In the batch actions page we get the Batch Delete, Batch View, possibly Batch Email as well as custom actions made using extensions.

Interactions with DOM is minimal this way – inject a button, get UUIDs and the rest is all API calls.

2 Likes