Error When Trying to email invoice

Error Code:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Could not resolve host 'smtp.gmail.com
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient…ctor (System.String hostname, System.Int32 port) [0x0006d] in :0
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.SendInternal (System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message) [0x00006] in :0
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send (System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message) [0x00084] in :0

Have you read the Guide about emailing transactions and the links it includes pertaining to your provider?

Yes i thought i did it correctly

I only use gmail idk why it isnt working

The TEST EMAIL FUNCTION IS WORKING BUT WHEN WORKING WITH CLIENTS EMAILING QUOTES AND INVOICE IT DOESNT WORK

The test email is sent using the exact same process as any email (such as to a client). Did you actually receive the test email? If so, the problem lies with your email provider or the client.

Provide the information specified in this Guide: Troubleshoot email issues | Manager.

Yes test email worked but this is my settings

Please stop appending all your email signature and confidentiality information to your forum posts. No one wants to read it.

So, your settings look complete. And the test email went through. So where was your error notice generated? An actual screen shot of it would help.

Sorry, I wasn’t aware of that but this is the error message I am getting when sending

But what program generated the message? You can’t tell from the screen shot. And exactly what triggers it?

Legit

Sales Invoices > Email > Send = ERROR

What does “Legit” mean? Is that a program? Some kind of slang?

Clicking into the sales Invoices tab, there is no Email button. So your description of actions cannot be accurate. Please, what did you actually do, in plain language?

Legit , was me saying all I did was press these buttons and yes after I clicked “Sales Invoices” I click on a Customers invoice and Press “VIEW” from there I send email

OK, thanks. So the error is generated while you use Manager and triggered by a definite action. Can you narrow things down? Is it only for a specific customer’s sales invoice(s)? Have you tried editing the email address before sending? The program can obviously email your account for the test. Can it send a sales invoice to you? Can it send invoices to other customers? Can it send other transactions? Can it email a P&L statement?

I just tried the reports and changing the email. None are successful.
With this new update introducing the email Port and password stuff I seen a few other people had the same problem. Why was this introduced if you dont mind me asking? More secure? Does the cloud version have this issue? Should I not use the email function???

The built-in capability became unsustainable because erroneous email addresses by so many users made Manager indistinguishable from a spammer. So everyone needs a custom SMTP server. Nothing to do with security.

Others’ problems have all been with proper SMTP credentials for their email providers. Manager works fine. This is what is confusing about your report that your test email sent properly. You have exhausted my knowledge.