Error message with Bank Statement Import

Update your software. You are almost 30 versions behind. See if the problem is resolved.

The problem started after I downloaded the latest version, the one where the bank account and cash account was consolidated… However, I will download again and retry.

I downloadedthe latest version and still receive the same error message- wherento now?

Describe exactly what you do to get this error.

Good day Tut,
I go to my bank and download the relevant transactions from the bank selecting the ofx format. This the appears under the download files as Zipped file. I then open the file which is the opened as an ofx file. I then go to Manager bank account and import the relevant file, which immediately leads to the error message. The dilemma I’m faced with is that I cannot re-download this specific file from the bank (May2018) as it is older than 3 months, and the bank staff are unable to help me. I do however, have that month’s statement in on file but only in PDF format. The problem started immediatly after I downloaded the August Manager update. The reason I need to download the May bank transactions, is that there is one transaction that is not reflected in the May recon resulting is the bank account not balancing. I also cannot find a way to enter tis particular entry manually.
Hope this explains the problem and that you can assist me in resolving the matter.

I do not understand this comment. You should always be able to enter a receipt or payment manually. You can mix imported and manual entries for a bank account. See https://www.manager.io/guides/7820 or https://www.manager.io/guides/7821.

Or are you saying that you imported the bank statement once and now get this error every time you try to drill down on the balance of this bank account?

If you are just having trouble with one reconciliation statement, delete it. You can recreate it.

Before I can suggest anything further, you need to explain the circumstances more fully.

Thanks, I resolved the entry and Bank now balances.

Even after downloading the very latest upgrade 18.10.3 the same Error message (Internal Error) 18.10.3
It is very time consuming to have to reconsile the bank transactions manually.
Why do I get this message and why only since the upgrade which merged the Bank Accounts and Cash accounts.

Even after downloading the very latest upgrade 18.10.3 the same Error message (Internal Error) 18.10.3 It is very time consuming to have to reconsile the bank transactions manually. Why do I get this message and why only since the upgrade which merged the Bank Accounts and Cash accounts.

Bank and cash accounts were not merged. They used to be in a common Cash Accounts tab, but were separated. What was merged recently were the separate Bank Transactions and Cash Transactions tabs, combined into Receipts & Payments.

Should be fixed in the latest version (18.10.8)