DESKTOP EDITION CLOUD EDITION SERVER EDITION GUIDES FORUM

Error importing statement

Hi - I am receiving an error message when trying to import bank transactions. The initial error was ‘internal error 18.10.36 - you are running an outdated version…’ - so I have downloaded the latest version and now receive ‘internal error 19.2.78’. Hope someone can set me straight! Many thanks…

0 Likes

Post a screen shot of the error message.

0 Likes

Internal Error

19.2.78 (Cloud)

/import-bank-statement-form?FileID=c9a5d0a3-71b9-4836-b2f7-8a2daab4d83c&Referrer=59b2c847-2a5b-4699-ab3e-831c07726ed9

System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
at System.Nullable`1.get_Value()
at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Businesses.Business.BankAccounts.ImportBankStatementForm.ParseBankStatementLines(String fileName, Byte buffer)
at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Businesses.Business.BankAccounts.ImportBankStatementForm.Post()
at ManagerServer.HttpApplication.ProcessRequest(HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)

0 Likes

Here you go:

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 8.40.57 am

1 Like

I get the same error and checked the csv files I uploaded and were working perfectly in the past. Did something change?

1 Like

I tried to import another format then csv and the 940 worked without getting the error message

0 Likes

Hi
I have been trying to try to import bank statement, also getting the same error message.

What is the workaround for this?

Pls advice. Tq

0 Likes

There is no workaround except manual entry of bank transactions until the bug can be identified and fixed.

0 Likes

Oh dear, this is really disappointing Tut. Importing bulk transactions is one of the key features of this programme for me - and I have until April 20th to submit my quarterly business activity statement. Do you think it is likely there will be a fix in the next few days or do I really need to start ploughing through manual entry now?

0 Likes

@MartinL, I have no connection with development of the software at all, so I have no idea how long a fix might take.

All I can suggest is—if your bank offers statement exports in more than one format—that you try all of them. I am only speculating, but if this was a universal problem, I think there would be more complaints here on the forum. CSV is generally the most problem-prone format, based on historical comments. So I would try all the others first. That should go fairly quickly. If not successful, you have 10 days to enter the transactions manually.

0 Likes

Yes it would probably be easier to do manual than import all transactions as I first take them into a csv file to separate personal from business (CC transactions). It’s a great shame as it was working fine up til now. Do I need to do something to get it onto the developers bug-fix list?

0 Likes

OK I have a work-around for anyone having this problem with a csv file. I converted it to a .qif file using this online converter and the import worked as normal: https://csvconverter.biz
It’s a few extra steps which is frustrating, but way better than manually entering transactions…

1 Like

This is already on the bugs list.

0 Likes

Cool - fingers crossed for the next quarter then!

0 Likes

Hi, I’m getting the same error message for csv file upload. It worked perfectly last week (I last uploaded 4 April 2019). So something must have happened from a coding/bug perspective from Thursday to today. Thanks!

Hope @lubos can check this out. I for one need to do tax submission by 15th April. Thanks!

0 Likes

Sorry about this. I was adding support for more CSV columns and broke something. Fixed in the latest version (19.2.81)

2 Likes

Good to know - thanks Lubos. Was looking a bit troubled for a while!

0 Likes