Email Settings for alias emails

Hi

I have one login (ie. management@mydomain.com.au) to my google workspace for my domain. Within that login, i have many email alias setup (ie. accounts@mydomain.com.au).

The problem is, when I login via SMTP creds to manager (ie. management@mydomain.com.au), its not the email alias i want to send out emails from. I want to send out emails from accounts@mydomain.com.au

I know you can setup “Receive email replies at a different address than you send from”, but thats not the display email I want end users to see received by.

Looks like I can get this if I dont login with a username with a ‘@’, but I dont know how google workspace wants my login username otherwise…

Please help…

1 Like

Post a screen shot of your email settings.

So this is my current settings and it works.

However, when manager sends an email, its send from “management@mydomain.com.au”

I want to be able to authenticate to my google workspace via “management@mydomain.com.au”, but then, all emails sent by manager should be from “accounts@mydomain.com.au”

Ideally, if you can separate the two functions to:

1. authenticate
  2. nominate a ‘send from’ email (if different from above)

I also notice the “email address” field from above disappears if the “username” has a “@”. Can you remove that function? it might just give me the functionality i require…

Cheers…

Like wise even if we have option to add sender name would be good. Now the actual business name goes as email sender name.

Example
Business name in Manager : Alpha Beta Private Limited
User name in email setting : billing@abpvtltd.com

Would like to send from: billing@abpvtltd.com - this is happening.
But sender name would like to have like : Billing - Alpha Beta Private Limited

No, because this feature is in place to accommodate both providers who use a full email address as the login username and those who use only the portion that is not the domain name.

Also, I asked to see your email settings. I doubt your username is “management [at] mydimain.com.au” Asking for troubleshooting help with fake information wastes time.

Hey Tut - thanks for your help so far…

This is my correct email settings below.

NOTE: I substituted my actual domain with “mydomain.com.au” for this example only.

This configuration works, however, the recipients receive the email from “management@mydomain.com.au”. I would like to see them receive the email from “accounts@mydomain.com.au”.

Thanks.

I think you need to resign yourself to disappointment. You will have to use a different login username to have email come from it.

oh well. okay - thanks for your help.

I did mock up a UI (in paint) for what I was hoping that would be available.
Can I request this feature? Looks like hmdaadil also is requesting the same thing…

Cheers

I don’t know if that is technically feasible, since that would not be where the email originated.

cool…

the way I see it, the SMTP creds are what you authenticate to the domain with.

the email you use to send emails should/can be different.

thanks for your help so far…

Well google workspace allows up to 30 email alias. So its possible i guess.?

the login is just authentication.

The aliases work ok for receiving emails but note that these are basically for a single user and without privacy between them (the user can access all the aliases).

However in Manager you are more interested as in the example about sending the emails. Further down the Google guide you quote at Add or delete an alternate email address (email alias) - Google Workspace Admin Help it states:

If the user wants to send email from the alias, they need to set up a custom “From” address in Gmail using the alias.

See also their link with instructions Send emails from a different address or alias - Gmail Help

I do not think the aliases are the solution for what you want. The only way would be if Manager would allow to specify multiple SMTP server accounts from which you can select.

That was not the goal. @ddd did not want to send from multiple accounts, but from a different account.

Yes, but at the same time keep his other login that is 2 accounts.

Yes, in gmail under accounts, there is an option to setup ‘send mail as’

Then clicking

You get the option to send as a different email

You are overlooking the fact that gmail is an email application. It has lots of features that can be used once you are inside. Manager is an accounting application that can send an email using your SMTP credentials.

1 Like

good call.