Email settings - Email address field hidden

Hi,

Manager v 21.2.83 Windows 64bit

After upgrade missing in Email setting page a Email address field if in username have @.
We have many clients, where we configuring different usuername than email address and there username looks like email address. We need Email address field there too.

Thank you

SMTP credentials have nothing to do with email addresses OR login names of Manager users. The Username field is for the username assigned by the email provider or administrator of the account from which the emails will be sent. Sometimes, this is the same as an email address, but sometimes not.

Yes, i know that.
But i need setup in email settings page username with “@” and show there emailaddress that not same as username.

I can´t setup SMTP credentials correctly.

At monent, if username looks like - username@domain.ee
Email address field hidden and i can´t insert correct sender email address there.

Now I understand what you are saying.

The usernames you assign to Manager users cannot look like an email address because they will be interpreted that way by the program. It will not let you put in a second full address that could be an email address for SMTP credentials. Think about it. How would the program know that username@domain.ee is not an email address?

The problem is not with the username of the manger users, but with the email settings.

Some business don´t give us SMTP credentials for outgoing emails. Then we use one of our email account credentials. But then we can´t setup business email address for outgoing address (From, Replay To… address). Email address field missing.
If we send now invoice, then sender (From, Replay to… ) address is email address what is written in SMTP credential “Username” field - that is wong.

if in SMTP credential Username don´t contain “@”, then Email address, field presented.
Before upgrading to version 21.2.83 64bit win server, this problem did not exist.

The email address field was present at all times, regardless of whether the username contained an @ character or not

Screenshot from Manager guide… (Troubleshoot email issues | Manager)
Have Email address, Name…

SMTP credential Username is in email format …

@raivodc100 what is the use-case for SMTP username which is an email address to be different from sender email address? Typically when SMTP username is in format of email address, then it is assumed that is the only allowed sender email address.

@lubos
We have lot of business, whos ovner don´t give us correct SMTP server credentials and then we have to use our own mailserver account and then SMTP server username (which is the email format ) can´t be sender email address.

In the older version of the manager this was possible.

And please, put back “Name” field too… We want sent email address name not like “Business Name” but like “Business Name Accounting” …

This means your SMTP server is sending emails on behalf of your customers. How do you deal with email deliverability? If your SMTP server is not authorized to send emails from XYZ.com domain, then emails sent by your custom SMTP server will be quietly discarted as phishing attempts by most receipient mail servers. How do you deal with this issue?

I want to keep email settings as plain as possible and move everything else to email templates. Perhaps sender name and reply-to email address could be in email templates. This way you can have different sender names and reply-to email addresses per each document type. This has been feature request in ideas category for quite some time.

Would this work for you?

The truth is that if the sender’s address is on another mail server, there is a risk that invoices sent to customers, etc., may end up in spam. We’ve also told this to business owners if they haven’t given their mail server SMTP credentials. But still, some don’t tend to give them.
But so far with such settings, there have been no problems.

Yes, that would be the solution too.
But, maybe is possible put a Email address (sender, reply to) in Settings - Business Details?

Best regards

@lubos if its possible setup Replay to … address, then sender email address can be different (SMTP credential username like)

If we can use different sender names and reply-to email addresses, then this variant would be even the most correct

Hi @lubos , agreeing to @raivodc100. Prior to the upgrade, Manager.io allowed me to send email using a group email address, in which my customer is allowed to reply directly to the reply-to email address.

The new upgrade prevents the above scenario where my customer now will be replying to the username (no-reply) instead. Since no-reply rules prevent any incoming email, customer will have the email bounce back.

Appreciate if we can bring back the “Email Address” field if it doesn’t bring any disadvantage to anyone at all.

Thank you.