Email not sending since updating Manager

I updated manager to v22.1.12 I am using the desktop version. Previously, although it too quite a while to send emails would send from the program but since updating I am getting the attached errors. The SMTP for my email is port 465 and I realise is not currently supported by don’t understand why this would suddenly stop after upgrading.
The email credentials in Manager are correct. I’ve just upgraded by HDD and manager now sits on a different drive but I cannot think that would be the issue.
The last email sent was on the 12 January 2022 with no issues.
Manager is an awesome program so hoping for any assistance.

When you say Manager sits on a different drive now, I am assuming you had to make a new installation to the new location. So make sure the firewall settings of your OS and antivirus are allowing internet connection to Manager from the new drive location.

Yes I did make a new instillation. Ive checked the firewall settings and I believe that both Windows Defender and Kasprisky are set to allow Manager App. Having said that I did not have to make any changes to the firewalls when I installed the app previously. I assume that I have excluded the app correctly, but still getting the same errors with port 25 the system trys to send for some time before timing out. Where as with port 587 the failure to send message is immediate.
Thanks for your help.

My website host does not allow either port 587 or 25 for email, only 465 or 26.
We used to be able to use 465 but that was removed by the developer citing security etc. which I believe should be my choice…whatever.
Because of this I was forced to find an alternative email provider (gmail) which certainly is nowhere near as professional looking as having myname@mydomain.com.au.
Telstra/bigpond also only allow 465 as do Optus.

1 Like