Email and SMTP records

Hi
I have 5 business accounts in Manager.
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd account’s SMTP were set up with domains A ,B, and C on server 1.
The 4th account’s SMTP was set up with a domain D on server 2.
The 5th account’s SMTP was set up with a domain E on server 3.
All email send and test OK.

Customers that receive emails from servers 2 and 3 complain that their emails go to spam.

On viewing the headers in those emails the emails are being routed via The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd account’s, being server 1

It appears that Manager sends via the first email settings that were configured in Manager.
Anybody experienced similar issues.
Thanks in advanced.

How did you go with this?

Are your servers “manager server instances” on the same server?

Are they three seperate servers, and if so, are they co-located in the same network/data centre?

Considering you said:

Is it safe to assume you created your first server and then copied the server files from one location to another and then edited the subsequent servers on their new location? Perhaps you extended server 2 and 3 from an original data set from server 1, and chopped and changed the settings as needed? I can certainly see this being an issue for accounts moved from one server to another.

If that last paragraph is the case, manager has had known issues with ghosted SMTP entries. Lubos did fix it recently for passwords, but perhaps it extends into your scenario as well.

If those accounts were never on server 1, then I can’t see how they would ever have those details within them and consider there is more at play here and everyone else here would only be able to speculate.

For you are to receive any help beyond that, I would suggest reaching out to lubos more directly with as much info as possible, but beyond the usual Referal to the guides, I suspect you will be on your own.

Good luck

I really don’t see how this could be possible.

When you click Test email settings button, the email is being sent using SMTP settings you have visible on the form.

@smileysIT the ball is back in your court. Show us the headers. Actually don’t. But you might want to start a direct PM with lubos. Send him the server and email details (including headers), else this is not going to get fixed.

Morning,
My quick fix was to add servers 1 IP to Server 4 and 5 SPF records, not an ideal solution. The email now arrives at the receivers inbox and are not classified as spam.

I expect there are issues with ghosted SMTP in Manager.