Delivery Docket Number on Invoice

Hello, we use a carbon copy delivery book which our customers sign for all deliveries. They receive a copy for their records and we retain one for ours. The invoice is generated after the customer has received their goods. In order for the customer to match the delivery with the invoice, we add a delivery docket number to our invoice. Is there a way that I can enter the delivery docket number when entering a sales invoice without creating a custom field? Can this also be printed? Thanks

If you do not want to use custom fields, you can utilize the Description or Notes field in a sales invoice.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve noticed that if I create a custom field for delivery docket number it will appear on invoices. However, I was interested in knowing whether this was an option already in Manager that I had overlooked. I’m still trying to get my head around Manager as we used to use an Excel based system for invoicing and financials that I had a lot of flexibility with.

you may create a test business and familiarize with everything first before migrating your actual business data.
you can find all the help in the guides section Guides | Manager
also you can search for solutions in the forum as most of the things a user has in mind would have been already discussed here.

Thanks again for your reply. I have been playing with the downloaded test business and searched the forum but I haven’t been able to find a solution other than to add my own custom field. I then have the problem of having to have my invoice theme altered as the custom fields appear at the bottom of the invoice and delivery docket number should appear up near invoice number and PO number. I would need to outsource this as I don’t have any coding experience. Any suggestions on whether this can be added to my invoice or do I need to rely on having something custom built for me? Thanks

if you have some basic html knowledge this is a very simple task. else you will have to hire someone locally.

if it is just about the looks of the invoice, you can use any of the themes available here
https://www.manager.io/guides