Invoice and Delivery Note

Dear Sir,

Thankyou for your support, God Bless you. Two days back i have updated Manager Software and after that from my invoice format and delivery note format, ORDER NO is not showing, when i am opening my old invoice ORDER NO IS SHOWING and now when i want to create new invoice it is not take order no or purchase order no and also after saving also not showing. I try to check all the setting no where i found this option to show the order no or purchase order no. Kindly please let me know how i can get back order no field when i can input order no and after save my invoice and delivery note should show. Please help me. See below my invoice format.

Hi @BAIG_HABEEB

There’s been quite a few changes to the linking of invoices-orders-notes.

In order for us to determine what exactly is the issue you’re facing, we need to narrow down the options.

So please let us know your current version as well as your previous version before the update.

NEW VERSION IS v23.11.26.117 Old version i don’t remember

What happens if you drop the custom theme?

It sounds like you were using quite an old version in which the order number was a free text field. You could use that for a customer’s purchase order number, your own internal order number, or really anything you wanted. But you could not track order status.

With the introduction of order status tracking, that free text field was eliminated. Now, if you want to use order numbers, you must create a sales order. The sales order number will carry over to a sales invoice. The use of sales orders is still optional, but you cannot track status without using them. The result is that there is no longer a free text order field.

There have been several discussions about this on the forum. Search “sales order number.” See especially the topics in July and August of 2022.

Thanks

Dear Sir,
At the time of Delivery of material to the customer, they check the purchase order no on DV, but with new version before ORDER NO WAS appearing but now DV and Invoice it is not appearing.

I don’t want to track but i just want to Show up at the right side of print Order no should be print.

I hope you understand my problem.

Your issue is probably what @Tut referred to. To sum this up quickly:

• The old version had free text fields for Order — which users filled with Customer reference.

• The new implementation links Sales Orders to Sales Invoices & Delivery Notes.

• The two implementations were running side by side for a while during the transition period and then the old fields were switched to Custom Fields — which doesn’t change the way they work.

Apparently, you must have not updated throughout this whole transition period and you missed the transition from built-in fields to Custom Fields altogether.

The Solution

Your Options going forward are either: