Custom Reports

there is no documentation for custom reports. it is still a work in progress.

dear sir,
i am not able to call

SELECT SalesInvoice.Customer.Name
FROM SalesInvoiceLines
WHERE SalesInvoice.Date > DateTime.Today.AddMonths(-6) AND InventoryItem.Code = “ABC0001”

and
simple way.
SELECT * FROM SalesInvoiceLines
pulling error of said query.

kindy advice me for it.

As @sharpdrivetek already told you, there is no support for custom reports.

SELECT * FROM customers or suppliers Keeps running!
not able to get my report.
Any help?

No. As written above (and in many other posts on the forum) there is no support for custom reports and no documentation.

I don’t think it hurts to ask, a few users have had good results with extracting certain custom reports out. Perhaps a thread could be started where people could collect all custom report samples and ask only in that thread.

Don’t worry, I’m backing away from the keyboard already :wink:

:innocent: :santa:t3:

1 Like

Hi @lubos, @Tut

from the thread there are many users hanging out for at least a list of the main tables so we can extract data via custom report query and it has been promised for a long time now.

Can anyone from Manager please provide the current list of at least the bank tables?

This is the very thing to make this a product I would recommend to small organisations, without this, it makes it very frustrating trying to develop my own reports.

Every cash management product has the ability to extract the data and I do not see why we should be admonished by the forum administrators here for asking

@Gadgetman

Custom Reports - #36 by niknah lists some of the tables available for sql queries (/reports/Custom Reports). Some of these don’t seem to work, while there are probably some other unlisted tables that do work but there doesn’t seem to be a way to find out (we are told that Custom Reports is unsupported).

The export function doesn’t seem to work but you can copy/paste the sql results into a spreadsheet.

The post you referenced is almost 2 years old. Many things have changed in the program since then. You remark that there doesn’t seem to be a way to find out about current tables. You are correct, but that is exactly what “unsupported” means.

Please expand. Where does Export not work?

Hi @Tut.

Please don’t get me wrong. I love Manager and think that everything about it (including the responsiveness of this forum) is a like breath of fresh air.

Out of interest, I had been looking to see what I could find out about Manager’s sql functions and replied to @Gadgetman with info when I saw his fairly recent unanswered post.

I think that the export function used to produce a tsv file but now produces a text representation on the page for you to copy/paste. In Custom Reports it seems to do neither. But as I said, you can simply copy/paste from what is already shown on the page.

Cheers,

Bob

I’ll second that.

I like a lot about this software, but the lack of flexibility on reports is a big disincentive to continue with it.

1 Like

If it’s not supported, then why is it in the product? Is there at least a timetable for when an initial version will be available?

Please look at Data connection ODBC using VB.net OR Ms acess or excel - #12 by lubos