Create multiple invoices at same time

As a time saver I wish one was able to create multiple invoices at the same time for the same item e.g. member subscriptions. I currently create an invoice and the use the clone function which works but can be slow due to numbers to be done. Without knowing the inner capabilities of manager I was wondering if it were possible when preparing the invoice for creation, in the customer section, to have check boxes beside the customer names to be able to select and then when the invoice is created it will create for all the customers selected. I could then just go through them and email them. Create & Send would be the ultimate way. I see that @lubos created the clone function to help alleviate this years ago.

This is something that the API could definitely do for you.

But that involves a programmer writing a script to do the task in an automated way for you.

Shane is correct, development via the API would work, but you can also look at using the Batch Create function, this is a very power feature of the system and would be easy to use for your scenario. Create one invoice in Manager and use the Batch Update function to copy the invoice to Excel. Then delete the last column (Key). Then you would copy all the lines down and create one line for each invoice you need to create. Then replace the Customer unique ID in each of the lines. (This will be a little time consuming on the first pass, but assuming you would repeat this process every month, you can save the spreadsheet and re-use it over and over again.) Now copy the data again and paste it in Batch Create to create all the invoices in one step.

2 Likes

Oh, yes! Batch create would certainly also be an option. Completely slipped my mind when I was reading the OP’s question.

I will give batch create a go. Must admit I’ve not used any of the batch features. They tend to be out of sight and out of mind tucked away the bottom of the page greyed out.

1 Like