Crashing after Update to 18.1.84

I am running accounts of 2 companies, now after the update Manager is crashing or frozen after switching the accounts and using any print, pdf or email functions.

using custom theme?
does this issue happen when using the default plain theme?
if there is no issue with the default plain theme, then the problem is your custom theme.

I am using plain themes only with few customs fields. It worked well till afternoon. Started since updated to new version

By the way I wanted to adopt your GST customs theme, but not through with it yet.
Can you help how made the customs theme. I want to build my own.

I did not use version 18.1.84, bypassing it directly to 18.1.85. The problem does not occur in this version. So try updating your software.

As for writing custom themes, see these Guides:
https://guides.manager.io/10366
https://guides.manager.io/10368
They tell you how to use a theme and what is involved in changing one. But they don’t teach you how to write code. And this is not a coding forum. If you don’t have the coding skills personally, hire a local programmer to do the job. A web developer should be able to handle it.

i am still using 18.1.84
i do not have any issues as you have mentioned.

you say you are using custom fields. have you used any html code as default in any of the custom fields?

also, are you having these issues on both your business files?

all the instructions were provided in the relevant topic itself. some common mistakes regarding the same were also discussed and solutions given.
you can further customize the theme yourself if you have html knowledge, else its better to hire someone locally to do it for you.
it should be noted that custom themes may or may not break after Manager updates. this is because some html variables would change. if you are not familiar with html coding to make changes accordingly yourself, i would recommend you to use the default themes itself.

Just updated to 18.1.85 but problem still persists. I have basic knowledge of HTML so I am sure I can work out something. What I meant was which software was used to handle code.

Yes its happening with both business files. I can manage a bit of coding, all I need is to spend some time on it.

Despite @sharpdrivetek’s references to HTML, themes are written in Liquid, as is mentioned in the guides I linked you to. Liquid shares many characteristics of HTML, but is not identical.

Do you mean the program crashes when you click on a business name on the Businesses page, before the Summary for the business even becomes visible?

“Manager is crashing or frozen after switching the accounts and using any print, pdf or email functions.

From this @SaiKiranch do you mean, when you first start Manager and use the “print, pdf or email functions” in the first business everything is okay, but only other switching to another business and using the “print, pdf or email functions” in the second business does the “crashing or frozen” occur ?

Yes thats what is happening. Its all ok while working on one business.

It crashed when I switch buniness and then try print or generate pdf.

can you post a screenshot of the crash?

Updated to new version 18.1.88. Its looks ok. App was frozen basically and never respond.