Problems with custom themes in version 18.1.X

Hi,
I’ve been using Custom Theme for Sales Invoices for a while but it stopped working since upgrade to v18.1.x. I know custom theme has implementation changed, have read the new guide and posts but cannot find any solution. Details below:
1- In New Sales Invoice screen, checking Custom theme and clicking on the drop-down, makes it hang and keeps searching forever until I uncheck the box:

2- Existing sales invoices: View does not fully show the invoice, instead the following is displayed:
image.
If I click on the drop-down, same thing happens, it searches forever.

Trying to Edit an existing invoice, it shows Custom theme checked and #### is dispalyed:
Clicking on the drop-down and the same thing happens, keeps searching forever.
Any help is much appreciated.

do you still have the themes under Settings?
please post screenshots of your list of themes enabled

i had experienced this same issue on Delivery Notes like @light after updating to 18.1.84

the document could not be viewed (as posted by @light in screenshot) and editing the document displayed the custom theme as #####.
but i had only a few documents which needed custom theme and i selected the theme manually by editing those documents. i did not experience any issue like Manager searching for the theme forever though.

but it may be noted that i use the same custom theme for all my sales invoices and i did not have any issues on the sales invoices tab. all documents were displayed as intended.

so i guess this is some bug @lubos can check.

Thanks @sharpdrivetek , when I checked my themes list I noticed I had a theme without a name. I edited and named it and the problem is pretty much gone. Except I still find that for old sales invoices, View still shows the screen that I posted earlier. Unless I Edit each one as needed, and select a custom theme. I can live with this unless there’s a solution too.
As far as forever searching because there’s a nameless custom theme, that’s a minor bug that could be looked into. Simple fix would be not to allow creating nameless custom themes.

1 Like

This behavior does not sound like a bug. It sounds like the program acting as designed to preserve prior theme selections. You already discovered you had a nameless theme. If those old transactions were created with that nameless theme, they would still be trying to display by using it. But since you gave that theme a name, the nameless theme the program has been instructed to use does not exist.

in my case my custom theme was perfectly named. so i do not think this has to do with the theme not given a name.

My previous post addressed only @light’s difficulty with old transactions not displaying correctly after naming the blank theme.

As for your problem, @sharpdrivetek, I cannot reproduce it on either sales invoices or delivery notes. I have both built-in and custom themes active. There have been several schemes for selecting themes in recent months. Some included retention of selected themes, some did not, and the program went back and forth between the two situations. When it did, I suspect it didn’t use the same technique. So I could believe that the existence of your problem might depend on exactly when the transaction was created (under which version) as well as your history of selecting and/or saving theme selections for the particular transaction. I know I went back and individually edited some prior transactions, but not others, at various points in the evolution of theme selection. So I probably have a different mix of information in my databases than you do.

yes i understand that this issue is not consistent. but users who have a lot of transactions affected would find it really difficult to manually edit and select the theme.
i myself have no idea as to why this happened. so its better to be brought to the attention of the developer.

I agree.

Hmm. If you click on Custom theme dropdown and it keeps searching forever, then it is a bug. Could you send your accounting file where this is occurring to bugs@manager.io ?

I agree @lubos it ‘was’ a bug but somehow it cannot be reproduced anymore!
I went back and removed the name from the at-fault custom theme again:

But now editing old sales invoices or creating new ones, I do not get the “search forever” problem anymore. Dropdown list simply works and shows a blank item for that nameless custom theme. See below:

I also created a new Business to reproduce the problem and send you the accounting file, but no luck, the bug cannot be reproduced. Mystery!

i assume the bug occurs only after the update irrespective of the business or unnamed theme.
the issue was random tabs showing the custom theme as ##### which affected viewing the documents.
in my case it happened on Delivery Notes tab and @light experienced this on Sales Invoices tab.
also, its worth mentioning that i did not experience this issue on Sales Invoices tab even though all the invoices were set to show the only custom theme i have. so i am not sure why the same theme had problems on the Delivery Notes tab.