Cost Price Sale Price Markup Field Idea

That is why your quote is based on a marked up price, plus an expiry date.
Product A cost 100 and you quote it as 120 and valid for 30 days.
If the quote is accepted within 30 days and the cost has risen to 105, your mark up is reduced to 15.
If outside the 30 days then you reserve the right to adjust the 120 if you feel that’s applicable.

1 Like

Here, enter the percentage of the difference between the purchase price and the selling price that would automatically be counted constantly … I’m not sure if I was clear enough on this issue … Thanks

It constantly maintains a difference of 50% between the average price and the selling price…

Is this a question, suggestion, or what?

Quite clear, your suggestion is this, that a new feature be added to Inventory Items where a tick box “Average Cost” is added next to “Purchase Price” and when ticked the “Purchase Price” would be auto filled with the Item’s latest average cost. In addition, when ticked a percentage field would appear allowing users to nominate a percentage markup, this markup when applied to the “Average Cost - Purchase Price” would calculate the “Sales Price”.

This is similar in concept to an existing topic under the Ideas category - Cost Price Sale Price Markup Field Idea. So I will combine your excellent illustrations to that topic.

1 Like

Yes, exactly, Brucanna … thank you.

1 Like

Good day guys. I’m new here, please indulge me with this request.
I have read that there are a few requests to add a mark up field in a sales order that needs to pull thru to the sales invoice, but should not print on the issued invoice.

I have added an image of what i mean. This will be great in the end to see the mark up total per job that was billed. Also i will make life easier just to use a dropdown list to select the mark up, rather than to work out the mark up by hand. ie a printjob might be marked up by 10% to allow for handling fees etc…

Regards
Francois

@Francois8331, you are introducing a separate subject. This topic is about calculating sales prices from purchase prices in the Inventory Items tab.

What you are suggesting converts the Unit price field on sales invoices to a Unit cost field. In that situation, Manager would no longer have a unit price to display on the sales invoice, because your approach doesn’t allow one to be entered or calculated.

An easier suggestion, if your pricing approach calculates costs rather than marked-up prices, is to simply use the calculator feature in the Unit price field. See Perform calculations in number fields | Manager.

Thanks for the quick response. I will try your suggestion.
Please consider this added function in an upcoming update. I will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
F

Yes, it will be the great feature
to add Markup % field at Stock Entry and calculate price based on Markup %
Option on Markup

1. Last Purchase Cost
  2. Average Cost
    thanks

Hi.

To my knowledge we still don’t have a markup option as suggested in this thread. I still think this would be a great feature to have, and if you’re someone who manages a large inventory set i would consider it a must have.
Do we have any idea when this will happen?

1 Like

I agree. I am really keen for this idea to be implemented. It would make managing inventory so much easier. I hope it gets implemented very soon as is probably my next big wish after the quotes/orders status has been fully completed and the project module fully implemented. Then after this idea, completion of the customer portal. That would make Manager almost 100% perfect for me!

I suspect this could be added now if really wanted via Custom Actions

How so? My understanding of Custom Actions is to allow integrations between third party services. That is not what this particular idea request is about. I can’t speak for other users, but as the OP that started this topic, all I want is to put say £100 in the purchase box and have manager put in either £15 or 15 % plus the cost price in the Sales box. I am not wanting to integrate with a third party service. Other people might be in the context of batch updating prices which is not relevant for my business.

You can definitely treat the Manager API as a third party service and then there’s no limit to what you can automate including updating of sales prices.

However, there’s not enough documentation on how to deal with selections.

I would really like to see some documentation of Custom Actions.

I would rather just wait for the developer to implement this because this feature is something that should be standard within the program that many users would actually benefit from.

The developer has said there will be none.

That would represent a major change in user relations and I can’t see it happening.

• community reverse engineering to generate the documentation for the interface is possible, if NG Software chose to support community customisation in the future.

• An application interface which is stable & maintained over an extended duration (sufficient to recoup customisation costs) is less likely in my opinion. Particular given the uncertainty of approach even at inception.

I didn’t get you, is there one? Or is there none? Or is my English not as good as I thought? :grin:

The only benefit I see, personally, for Custom Actions is automation and a big part of that is bulk actions since I see no value in writing a whole code for a button to create or update a single record. That’s why I need to work with selections or filtered lists or whatever.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to reverse engineer working with multiple selections. So I hope some documentation would make it possible to work with selections or filtered lists.

Also, I would prefer for the selection checkboxes to be available for use in general.

Apologies, @Ealfardan. Your English is fine. Autocorrect changed my post. I have edited it now. There is no documentation. I don’t think there will be.

1 Like