Converting an older database to a the new one

hi there.

i got a cloud based version and its working wonderful.

now my dad who has been using the desktop version since 2015 needs to update his computer, we are going to set him up within my cloud.

he always makes backups, but i cant import his database to the cloud, it says: This business database is not valid

Manager data is stored in SQLite database. However it appears the file you are attempting to open is not a SQLite database.

but it was working perfectly for 6 years

@lubos can you please help us?

All the best, Guðjón

There are already several posts about this on the forum, see e.g. this post by lubos

It’s recommended to always first search the forum before posting a question. :wink:

Please keep unused backups on a separate pen drive so you can revert to the backup if required.

You will need to install an old version of Manager to update your database in two steps. To get the intermediate version see Restoring data issue - #2 by Patch

If you have installed a newer version on your local computer, you will need to uninstall the new version prior to installing the intermediate version. When you then try to open your local copy of your business file it will say it has already been opened in a later version but convert it so it’s compatible with the later version anyhow. Alternatively import a new copy of your un-used back up.