Can't select "Accounts Receivable" on Journal Entries

Hello everyone.
I typed this issue on another thread and didn’t got an answer.

While entering a transaction on Journal Entries, I can’t find the account “Accounts Receivable”. I don’t know if I’m missing something but last week everything was working fine and now it disappeared.
Just as a comment: I have changed the name from “Accounts Receivable” to “Customers”.

I will show you with screenshots:

-This is how I have it on my Chart of Accounts:

-This is the edit screen of a transaction I made on March 2nd. I was able to select “Customers Account”.

-Now, if I try to enter a new Jornal Entry, by typing “Customers” it doesn’t appear:

I am working on a windows 10 pc with cloud version (21.3.50).

Let me know if you need any additional info.
Please help. Thanks and be safe.

You were answered when you posted about this previously. First, though, when you did, you hijacked a topic in which another user did not have tabs enabled. That illustrates the risk of diverting topics: your posts get lost.

In your previous post, you complained an account did not appear when you had actually renamed it. Maybe your real complaint was that the autocomplete search did not work. But you made no further response, so you got no further attention.

Now you have given your duplicate post a misleading title. Please figure out what your actual problem is and edit accordingly.

I did answer, link below.

If the autocomplete search is not working, that means I can’t select the account I want on Journal Entries.
The post I made on the other thread is the exact same thing now. I think it is clear what my problem is (I can’t select “Customers” Account on Journal Entries, see screenshots).
Help will be appreciated.

Changing the name of Accounts Receivable to Customers does not create a new account. Once changed it now means that the account that was called Accounts Receivable can now only be selected in a transaction by choosing the new name of “Customers”.

If you wish to retain the Accounts Receivable account and create an additional account that functions the same as the Accounts receivable account you can create a new Control account called Customers.

Hello @AJD, thanks for replying.

I know that I have changed the account name from “Accounts receivable” to “Customers”. So every time I want to look for that account I need to type “customers” instead of “Accounts receivable”. That is very clear.

As I showed on screenshot #2, I am typing “Customers” on the account selection box. But the account “customers” is somehow not showing up.

What I want to know is, why is this happening? I am typing the exact name as I have on my chart of accounts.

You need to show screen images - and of the complete screen not just small portions of it - so that we can see where you have misconfigured your accounts.

Sure @Joe91, not a problem:

Screen Shot #1 - Settings/Chart Of Accounts:

Screen Shot #2 - Journal Entries/ New Transaction:

Screen Shot #3 - Receipts & Payments/ New Receipt:
I have attached this third image just to show you that ¨Customers¨ Account is working fine on Receipt & Payments tab. The only problem is with Journal Entries.

Let me know if you anything else to solve this problem.

No, it does not mean that. You still might be able to select an account by scrolling to it. That is what I meant when I said you need to figure out what your real problem is.

@Tut I have scrolled all the way down and look for ¨Customers Account¨. Account by account and it is not on the list.

Please show the edit screens of the accounts

I wonder have they been created correctly

@Joe91 Here you go:

I wonder if the fact that you have called your account the same name as aq group is causing the problem

I would like to see the full chart of accounts and the edit screens as you seem to have a mix of accounts that is difficult to follow

I have tried changing the name adding a letter C at the end. But still, not working.

This is kinda difficult because it can be a little extense. Would you like to see the edit screen of any specific account based on the screen shot I showed you?

I am curious what happens if you delete the name and let the account default back to Accounts receivable.

-Chart of accounts (Name back to default)

-Still, not working :confused:

I’m out of ideas but it seems like your chart of accounts has got into a mess somehow.

What is the Customers (2010-2018)?

Here is an edit screen of a transaction I made on February (back when I was able to select the account).

But even if I try to search on the account search box for the exact same account, nothing appears.

It´s extremely rare when I use chart of accounts to modify something. Literally this happened from one day to another. I usually don´t use the settings tab because I have Manager the way I need it. So… this is very strange.

That is just an account I made few months back because I have a few very old customers that have pending balance. But they are not my customers anymore. So, I created this account to move all those balances into this account and make their statements to get to a zero.

Would it not have been better to just make each of these 20-10-2018 Customers inactive?

I have tried that but when I want to see a report like “Aged Receivables”, those balances doesn’t go away. I want to see only the active customers. In order to achieve that, I need to get to zero balances those old customers. That’s why I created this account.