Can't select "Accounts Receivable" on Journal Entries

Any touhts anyone on what can be happening with my account on jornal entries?
Maybe @lubos might have an idea. Sir, can you please help me?

Have you considered writing off these bad debts? There is a Guide about how to do that. It may also lower your taxable income.

3 Likes

Guys, the fact that some customers are included in a different control is not something that should be considered as user error.

The program allows for multiple control accounts for customers for a good reason and this isn’t how it’s expected to work.

This appears to be a bug. I couldn’t replicate it but it looks like either a bug or data corruption.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I have tried renaming the built-in “Accounts receivable” control account in my own setup, but cannot reproduce this; I am still able to select it in Journal Entries (21.3.40 on Mac OS 11.2.3).

I would have to agree with @Ealfardan this is likely a bug or data corruption.

I encounter a similar problem. I use journal entry then select the account “Accounts receivable”, and then no longer can select any customers. The message in the system is “No matches found”. Is it a bug? Can someone resolve it? Thanks.

That sounds like a different problem. Do you have customers defined? If so, what control account are they assigned to?

I have a similar issue as I am not able to ‘choose’ the Customer in the Journal Entries and it kept showing (the moment I click on that column to choose or type) ‘No Matches Found’

How can I solved It
\

Thanks for the recommendation @Tut.
I need to get “Accounts Receivable” working back again in order to achieve this.

I have backed up my business and then imported the info into a new business. But it didn’t work. I suppose it doesn’t work because I might be having some corrupted data or a bug. I think it can be corrupted data as no one is experiencing this exact problem.

It may be that the Manager App on your computer is corrupted, not the business data file.

I say this because it is only affecting the journal transaction type, not other transaction types such as receipt.

Upgrading to the latest version of Manager may solve the problem

@AJD thanks for you recomendation but I am on cloud edition (currently on 21.3.57) . No app is needed as it is by browser.
And I have tried different browsers like Chrome, Edge and Safari. Same error in all of them…

The latest version (21.3.58) is fixing this issue.

1 Like

Thank you! Waiting for it to be released.

It’s available now - in fact we have moved on to 21.3.59 :slight_smile:

Guess it delays a little bit depending on the zone. I am still on version 21.3.57.
I’ll advise as soon as Manager updates to latest version.

If you are using the Cloud edition, you may have to restart it
Manager Cloud

Obtain cloud edition customer support | Manager

Thanks @Joe91, didn’t know that. Now I have 21.3.59.

It is working fine now! I really don’t know what mess I caused :upside_down_face: but looks like everything is fine now
Thanks a lot @lubos