Can't read emailed invoices

Hi, I invoiced a customer yesterday with an Invoice & they have come back three times telling me they can’t read it

You need to obtain and post an image of the invoice attached to the email (on the customer’s end). The fact that they received it proves that Manager sent it, so your email settings are correct.

Have you tried resending it?
What version of Manager are you using?
What edition (desktop, server, or cloud)?
What email program are they using?
Can they not read the email, or can they not read the invoice attached?
Do you have Manager set to send a copy to yourself? If not, try that and see what you receive.
If you generate a PDF of the invoice and send that through your regular email, what happens?

Get them to forward what they received back to you, so that you can see what received

Hi,
This is what they received at their end
S30C-920112311070.pdf (25.0 KB)

It looks like you may be using a custom theme. If so, what happens when using a built-in theme? (PDFs and emails—which use the same PDF generator—do not support all Liquid syntax.)

Hi,
As far as I’m aware it’s not custom, I’m using ‘Smoothe Navy’

What displays on that form is not remotely like the Smooth Navy theme. Post a screen shot of the Edit screen for the invoice involved.

Also, you haven’t responded to all my questions and troubleshooting suggestions in post #2. It is difficult to help if you won’t answer questions.

Hi,
Please find answers to the questions you asked,

Have you tried resending it? YES
What version of Manager are you using?
What edition (desktop, server, or cloud)? DESKTOP
What email program are they using? DON’T KNOW
Can they not read the email, or can they not read the invoice attached? INVOICE
Do you have Manager set to send a copy to yourself? If not, try that and see what you receive. NO
If you generate a PDF of the invoice and send that through your regular email, what happens, SAME THING
What I did do was change the customers email to my wife’s & re-sent it + I added it to be forwarded to myself & both were fine, I don’t know what program my customer uses but I have sent invoices before & never had any complaints.

Thanks
Colin

Hi,
The 2nd one is the edit screenshot

This proves the problem is on the customer’s end, something to do with how their provider or program is handling PDF attachments.

Hi,
OK, thanks for clarafying it’s not at my end LOL

Actually, what you have shown only shows what the theme generally looks like with your logo. The View does not display any particular type of transaction, just gibberish. And your second screen shot in post #9 just tells us the theme is active, not whether it was used for the invoice the customer cannot receive.

Look at the Edit screen of the sales invoice itself. What does it show for the theme in use?

So are you saying:

• if you look at this pdf on your computer it also does not show the text.

• Or does the pdf look OK on your computer but is not readable by your customer. If so what pdf view are they using. Alternatively in installed font problem may cause this.

@meikle0, your most recent screen shot shows that you are not using the Smooth Navy theme. You are using the default, Plain, theme. Somewhere during your investigation, you have apparently toggled your Smooth Navy theme on and off. That makes it more difficult to understand your reports of what has happened in response to various troubleshooting steps.