Bank Account

Hi,

I notice there has been a wee change regarding Bank Accounts. A little while ago I used to be able to see bank account and Cash in Till (float) Account seperatley on the summsry page. Now I notice only one amount on the summary page and that amount includes the float. However if I click on the total amount for the bank account then it goes to a page which lists the bank account and the Cash in Till. Just wondering if this is and update somewhere I missed or do I need to do something to get the 2 totals to appear on the summary page. Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks
Grandpa

This is a recent change. Read the Guide about setting up bank accounts. You can show bank and cash accounts separately on the balance sheet by using custom control accounts.

Thanks Tut will do. I did read a guide but the wrong one. Many thanks

Grandpa

@Tut
Hi Tut

Under my control accounts I do not have a control account as per the Add custom control accounts | Manager. I am running Version 22.8.9, Which is where I assume I would create the Cash in Till account. However having said that I need somehow to transfer my existing Cash in till account to one under the control account. (if that makes sense), Don’t seem to see any guides for this.

Kind regards
Grandpa

Do the following:

1. Create the Bank and Cash control accounts in settings, see screenshots below:

Create the bank account
Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 06.48.37
After also creating the cash account you should have the following 2 Bank and Cash control accounts:

The just created control accounts
Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 06.49.06

1. Now click on the Bank and Cash Accounts tab

Assign the control accounts to your existing accounts
Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 06.55.07

Once done the summary screen should show you bank and cash accounts and the amounts that belong to each.

It is important that you follow steps in the guides exactly as written and not skip any part.

@eko many thanks. Great help it workrd.

Kind regards
Grandpa