Account Code Presentation and arrangement

I would like to highlight to improve the account codes.

The follow image is for the sake of clearer picture of what I have in mind.

This is the Chart of Account in setting screen.

What I want is in the end of the day the report shows the account code in multi level with the format as follows,

x-xx-xxxx

Note that The placeholder (Asset,Liability and Equity) account code can’t be alter.

Lets just say I’ve created sub placeholder accounts under Asset (1) which is Current Asset (1) and Non Current Asset (2),

Then I continue to add sub accounts under the sub placeholder accounts respectively,

Current Asset
(1) Cash
(2) Bank
(3) Account Receivable

Non Current Asset
(1) Motor Vehicle

The follow is balance sheet with account code.

Notice My account code of account receiveable is ‘1200’?

can it display such as 1-1-3?

instead just 3?

Account codes are used not just for identification, but for positioning. When they are used, Manager positions accounts in numerical order. 1-1-3, or 2-4-7, or 1-1-1 are not numbers, so that function would be lost.

It would be great to have the possibility to add custom fields to the chart of accounts

What I meant @tut the user only have define the account codes in numerical as is, only the manager add ‘-’ symbol to report for display to make distinction of it’s level.

Typical account coding schemes use the digit place to indicate level. So 1XXX series accounts could be assets, 11XX could be current assets, 111X could be bank accounts, 112X could be cash account, 12XX could be non-current assets, etc. Schemes like this have the benefit of simultaneously classifying the level of an account and placing it in the right order in the chart of accounts.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
with
regards