Access from Windows PC to MAC via local Host

Hi, i would like to seek assistance why our windows PC cannot connect to the server (MAC) via IP and port 8080. But when we try to do it from MAC to Windows as server, it can seamlessly connect. Any advise?

You do not provide a lot of details but it looks you are at the moment only able to run Server Edition from the Mac you installed it on and I thus guess you use port the default http://127.0.0.1:8080

If you want other computers to access this Manager Server you need to do more steps and make it publicly accessible on at least your network.

Given the question asked, I strongly advise to either just use a Desktop version or sign up for the Cloud Version as the Server Edition is same price but requires you to have a server and be able to manage a Server.

Thanks, Eko. Yes, we would like to have our windows PC access our Mac (server) at least on our local network. We need our Mac as our server that’s why we need some guidance from someone like you. Hope you could provide more steps on this. thanks.

If you are hosting and managing a server version of Managet, you are expected to have the IT know how to install, administer and backup the server and associated processes.

This can be someone in your business or you could use a third party company for this support

You are asking a fairly basic networking question which implies you do not have the technical expertise you will need. You will need to train someone or hire outside help in order to run the system effectively

3 Likes

You should have noticed that there are instructions on the Windows server edition that worked for you to access both with Mac and Windows because it included a section concerning Access within local network.

For Mac server you need to do the same.

I agree with @Joe91 that this is very basic and that you should involve someone with IT server experise because even when you get it to work it does notinclude “hardening” with firewalls and the like, leaving it vulnerable.

1 Like

Thanks, @Joe91 and @eko. We were able to work this out with our IT. Thanks a lot!