[16.3.23] Added Markdown support in description column on invoices, quotes and orders

If you are issuing invoices, quotes or purchase orders and want to put emphasis on some part of the description in line items, you can use Markdown syntax to do it.

For example, to make some text bold within description, use ** to wrap the bold text:

*Item name*
This is item description

Which will be shown on invoice as:

Item name
Item description

For more examples, see: Markdown - Wikipedia

1 Like

Hello @lubos,
Can u give another one on invoice or something like that. Is a numbering for the item in printed voucher that we make, and its located in first column before code.

Thanks in advance.

Give another of what? Can you perhaps show a screen shot of what you talking about?

Hai @Tut,

Just like this…

In my opinion, that comes down to a custom sales invoice template, which you’ll have to code yourself.

Okey, Thanks @Tut

I tried to download the latest Mac desktop version but Avast! keeps on telling me that there is a a virus.
From the screenshot it seems the alarm was triggered by the win32 version, which shouldn’t have anything to do with the dmg or shouldn’t be compiled into the dmg. Please take look. Many thanks in advance.

You need to report false positive to your antivirus vendor.

I am probably doing something stupid but when I do Item Name its not putting it in bold. It just shows it as Item Name - what am I doing wrong.

I think Markdown support was removed when HTML Markup was introduced.

Thank you. I had not realised that markdown was removed. Has Markup replaced markdown? Anyway, I tried using ‘’’ ‘’’ for Markup but that didn’t work either so I just used and that works fine. In fact using Html is probably better for this case as less likely to make mistakes as it looks less like punctuation. Thanks.

@dalacor, what exactly are you doing that HTML doesn’t work for you?