Vv21.4.17 Under "Customize" the Receipts and Payments not "checked"

In Manager v21.4.17 in macOSX Catalina and in Ubuntu 20.04 Server: When clicking on Customize the Receipts and Payments are not “checked” see screenshot below.

So check them. They are not checked because those tabs did not exist before the Receipts & Payments tab was split. Because you already have transactions, the absence of the checkmarks has no impact.

Well! When NOT checked you only see a receipts tab and not a payments tab. Alerting that something did not get clicked is the rigt thing to do. Should we should just guess what has changed, what we need to do etc. I thought the forum was meant to alert to such things so others would be helped.

Then you must not have any payments. Unused tabs have never been enabled by default except for Summary, Journal Entries, Reports, and Settings.

The receipts and payments tabs are new. Even if both show up one would expect that in the “customize” settings they would have been “checked” rather than empty. Is this a bug affecting functionality NO, is it something that can be confusing YES. So why not take care of it? I understand the “fix” but I also understand that one can report such things to the programmer @lubos because we as users observe more than the programmer and he can decide to fix it or put some changes in the “guides” or update notices that alert people what to do.

I can see logic to

• If the receipt / payment tab was checked in customisation to show in older versions of the software

• Then the receipt and payment tabs should be automatically checked when updating to the split tab version of the software

• However for new businesses the default maybe neither is checked

I suppose the real question is, what does not work with how Manager currently works

• Tabs are shown if they contain data or customisation entry is checked.

Correct