Viewing STPR closes Manager

Something is corrupted or there is a bug in the program.
I suspect @lubos will have to look at it at some time to fix it.

Do you have a second computer you can install Manager on, then import a backup on to. That would help determine if it is a Manager install problem.

Similarly, if you enter payslips in your test business does it also crash Manager

I do have an older iMac that I have been preparing to upgrade to mac os10.9 or later so as to be able to install Manager on .

At the moment I am using the test business to create and view the STPR because it doesn’t crash Manager .

Goto

• Setting → Payslip items → post this screen shot
  • For your payslip items “Travel Allowance”, “wages”, “Tax Withheld” and “Superannuation” post screen shots of the edit screens. There are custom fields that must be set.

Reloading the STPR may also help, re-download it from https://www.manager.io/localizations/au/

How large is your data file, or more particularly is it within email size limits? Getting someone else to open it on their installation of Manager may help localise the problems / crash conditions.

Data file of back up is 110mb

Disappointingly I installed manager onto another computer and then imported my business only to discover it behaved the same way i.e it crashed when trying to view STPR .

Unfortunately that looks OK to me

I suspect the super you pay is actually part of the superannuation guarantee (ATO reporting category “Superannuation guarantee” not over and above that “Reportable employer superannuation contribution”).

I use a separate liability account for superannuation vs wages as they are cleared at different times

But neither of these should crash Manager

Thankyou for confirming payslip items .
Yes that’s right , the super is ‘Reportable Employer Contribution’ .
With my limited understanding of these things it would seem everything points towards some sort of corrupted file .
The fact that I have a similar problem with the cloud version might confirm this too .
You see , because I have been in the habit of working in the desktop version and then periodically updating the cloud version by importing my desktop version over .
A combination of irrational fear of losing everything and also not knowing how to do it in reverse ( now I do ) . And I can hear the sabers rattling from all corners at this admission . I have been admonished already by my accountant .
When trying to view the STPR in the cloud version an error message appears saying ‘Bad Gateway 502’ .

If what it you are paying here the 9.5% Compulsory employer contribution then this is an error, you are classifying it incorrectly.

Please post a screenshot of this and include information showing exactly what you do to cause it

Have you done this?
You inadvertently editing & corrupting the localisation is the easiest way of causing this behavior. Reloading it should exclude it.

In addition, the localisation adds the following custom fields, erroneous data in any of them has the potential to crash Manager. This could be excluded by re-entering the data in these custom fields. Do this by re-type in the text for employees & ABN, re select the entry from the drop down list for payslip items.

I have played around with changing the Super allocation i.e from reportable to super guarantee and it changes nothing .
The localizations I have updated a few times and now again with no change .
Now I am trying to get my head around Custom Fields which will take some time I think . Have had a bit of a go . The guides don’t mention what should be included for ‘description’ .
Screen shot attached of what I see before selecting the view button and then the error message

The custom fields are updated / entered via:

• Employees tab → individual employee
  • Settings → Business details
  • Settings → Payslip items

@Summerhill, have you drilled all the way down through the installation instructions to this page: https://www.manager.io/localizations/au/07332ba33e824dc194511350f5d84e24?

Yes Tut , I am downloading and importing as the guide suggests .

Ok , I am retyping the data into the custom fields of those tabs .
Not sure why you mentioned Custom Fields in settings as a way of doing this . My understanding of creating a new Custom Field is that it is a way of enabling additional info to be inputted into a form for example or employee details .
Tell me if I have missed the point though .

In the case of a localization, the report requires the data in the custom fields. Otherwise, it won’t work.

New custom fields can indeed be created / edited by going to
Settings → custom fields
But I did not suggest you went to that screen. Instead you need to check / re-enter values at these screens

Sorry if the screen shot of the custom field definition page caused some confusion, it was intended to only show what the fields the localisation creates, so what must be correct for the localisation to run as expected.

I am just stuck now … it appears I have the payslip items , business details and employee details correct .

In my test business I don’t have any business details inputted and the STPR works ok … hmmm don’t feel I am getting anywhere

That may help.

You could restore a back up, rename it so as not to confuse it with your work data file, and delete all attachments.

However I is likely @Lubos will need to look at this

Hi , so all I do here is click the view button for STPR and after a few minutes have a downloaded file that can’t be opened . At different times I have had the ‘bad gateway’ message or the unopenable file which withImage 3-2-20 at 8.33 am this most recent attempt has occurred .

By this do you mean import it back in from a back up and give it a different name . ?This is something I have been doing as a way of troubleshooting .
Not sure what you mean about deleting all attachments though .

@patch was referring to attachments you made to transactions, which will show in the Attachments tab. He is trying to shrink your data file so it can be emailed. 110MB is pretty large for a file that only includes transactions.

Oh , of course … got it . Shall do .
Am I right in assuming then that I will be emailing my business file to Lubos at some stage ? More than happy to do this