Update tracking code

Hi,

Is it possible to update tracking code on the basis of code in the account number. for example if the ac_no contains “HUF” update such records with tracking code “HUF”

If I understand what you are asking, there is no adaptive aspect of tracking codes. You define them, and you apply them. They will not change based on the account the transaction is posted to.

If you want to add additional tracking codes, such as one including “HUF,” you can. After you have added that, you can apply it in a Batch Update to transactions posted to accounts with “HUF.”

Hi,

Pls assist on how to write command to update tracking to “HUF” when the account number contains “HUF”

You will not do this by writing any commands. You will modify data in a spreadsheet and paste it back into the database. Read the Guide about batch operations.

i did that, it did not work. i tried through the receipt and payment summary.actually it corrupted the data. luckily i had taken backup. can u explain where and how to do

Probably you didn’t compile the file in the right way. To update the tracking code you’ll need to insert the UUID assigned to each of them.

hi export the bank statement, added tracking code and then create batch file to import ;

That is not what you asked about. You asked about updating tracking codes, not adding something to an imported bank statement file.

now i have defined the tracking code, which is taking care of all imports. i want to do something for the old bank statement which i have updated. i want to update for those entries the tracking code

Forget about bank statements. Do a Batch Update on the Receipts & Payments tab.

i tried that and it completely killed the data ; luckily i had backup. can u explain me how to do it. i would be very grateful ;

if i copy i get the following fields without data
Date
BankAccount
Description
Lines.Description
Lines.Account
Lines.TaxCode
Lines.Qty
Lines.Item
Lines.Amount
Lines.Debit
Lines.Credit
Lines.Discount
Lines.TrackingCode
Lines.ProposedAccountAmount
Lines.CustomFields
Lines.DiscountAmount
Lines.MemberAccount
Lines.BillableExpenseCustomer
Lines.BillableExpenseSalesInvoice
Lines.Invoice
Contact
BankClearDate
BankClearStatus
InventoryLocation
AmountsIncludeTax
CustomTheme
Theme
Type
Reference
AutomaticReference
HasPaymentCustomTitle
PaymentCustomTitle
HasReceiptCustomTitle
ReceiptCustomTitle

if i export i get only these field with all data

Date Description Account Tracking Code Amount received Amount paid

How do i create the data for batch update. Pls assist.

Did you read the Guide?

Hi,

I read the guide. It is quiet not clear. I copied the field name ; i came to this level. but data does not get imported proper

no data of credit, debit and tracking code is getting populated inspite of pre batch upload displaying proper. i remove the comma for millions as well and tried. still not working

Can I suggest that you add some tracking codes manually in Manager and then export for update - this will show you where and how to add the tracking codes

Hi,

I did, when export tracking code does not come at all. Only date, description, contact, amount paid, amount received gets extracted when u generate export

I keep telling you to do a batch update. You are doing a batch create.

Hi,

I got it. i did not understand. i copied the batch. the challenge is that the bank account is encoded. but i can do vlookup and make it. i will keep you posted. i think you are successful in teaching me. thanks for bearing with my stupidity

Hi,

I successfully achieved ;
export tracking code ; it give you a hash of tracking code
export bank account ; it give you hash of the bank account
export receipt and payment ; it gives you a whole data
vlookup/ filter to update the appropriate hash of tracking to the hash of bank account
copy the same from xls sheet and just update

Pls take back up before you do. i am just testing with a backup data ; i think it worked well. thanks to all and bearing with my stupidity