Unit Price is not Copied when Sales Invoice - Copy to - Purchase Invoice

Dear Team,
I have a client who first give the Sales Invoice to their Customer, Once payment received they purchase the item and deliver directly.
Usually they use to give 12% Discount to their Customer from MRP and they get it at 20% discount of MRP.
After updating the manager in last one week,
When we use Copy to function in Sales Invoice to create the Purchase invoice, Unit price is not getting copied from sales invoice. Kindly guide me.

Sales Invoice

Purchase Invoice using Copy to from Sales Invoice.

PS. : They are not using the Sales and Purchase price from Inventory. Still added items inside the Inventory. Reason, The MRP might change for each batch.

I have also tried this without Inventory item.

Sales Invoice Edit Screen

When Copied the same to Purchase Invoice Getting only this fields, Custom field data(HAS/SAC, Batch, Date of Expiry) and Unit Price is not copied.

Field content copies only when relevant to the context. Read the Guides:
https://www.manager.io/guides/7262
https://www.manager.io/guides/10411

I believe the reason @lubos classified this as a bug may be that sales price should be converted to purchase price, although discounts would not be applied. But line-item custom fields are defined for an individual transaction type and are not intended to be copied.

Dear @Tut,
Thanks for sharing Guides,
Even my client started reporting as the Sales Price was not copied to Purchase Price.
Understood about the Discounts and Inline custom field.

Thanks @lubos for correcting this post to Bug Category. Will be waiting for the fix. :slight_smile:

I’ve moved it to bugs because I thought I broke something but it is working fine for me. Here is how it’s intending to work:

When setting up inventory or non-inventory item, you have two autofill fields. One for sales and one for purchases.

When copying sales transaction into purchase transaction, Manager will take the unit price figure from item form. Not from transaction form.

The reasoning is that your sales prices to customers are different from your purchase prices from suppliers.

We can discuss whether this is appropriate but right now, it works as designed.

1 Like

Yes this works when we have sale and purchase price data from inventory item.
But in my second post i haven’t used the line item from inventory, Used just as a Sales account. When i copy to purchase invoice, Unit price is not getting copied. Previously it was working.

Guys is there any workaround for this.
Kindly let me know if someone comes across such situation.

I think that @Lubos already replied. As for copy from sales invoice to new purchase invoice it is better left blank as it is not usual that a sales unit price is the same as your purchase unit price.

@lubos is it possible, During Copy to function application look for the price from Inventory item,

Autofill — Purchases — Unit price
Autofill — Sales — Unit price

If enable and data is available it takes this value to respective new form or

It takes the Unit Price from the previous form where Copy to is initiated?

Just idea, Since previously it was working. It was copying unit price from previous file where copy to is initialised.

Did this work for copy new from sales invoice to purchase invoice? If it had then see my previous post that would have been a mistake.

If you set autofill for the inventory item for both sales and purchase price and you copy an sales invoice to a new purchase invoice the purchase invoice would change to item price to the purchase unit price as expected.

@hmdaadil, you should not hope for such a change. Any client of yours who routinely sells at the same price they purchase will soon be out of business and no longer your client.

@Tut they are definitely making a profit of 8%

They are into Pharma Industry,
They come up with a scenario,
They purchased some medicine for their stock.

Assume
Medicine A - Batch A - MRP 100
Now same Medicine A - Batch B - MRP 110