Transfer money in server edition

Hi, I found that a user can only see the accounts, which the user is allowed to access, in “received in” field when transferring money.

I have 1 bank account and 1 cash account.
I authorise user A to have access to the cash account only.
User A cannot make a transfer to the bank account as the user cannot find the bank account in the received in field.
Is this by design?

Thank you

Yes, because as you stated “a user can only see the accounts, which the user is allowed to access”

Therefore if you want user A to do a “transfer” then it needs to be a Spend Money with the Account being Cash Transfer Clearing and user B would do a Receive Money with the Account being Cash Transfer Clearing so the transactions cancel out, or, user B does the Transfer.

1 Like

I am using the “transfer money” button, instead of using “spend money” and “receive money” buttons.

The user only need to access the cash account to transfer without having to open the bank account to receive the money. Therefore the user can transfer money to other accounts without having access (to open and do other transactions) to other accounts.

At the moment, I have to give access to both accounts to use the “transfer money” button.
I would like to limit the user to only use the cash account to create transactions.
By giving access to both accounts, it allows the user to create transactions on the bank account as well.

Lubos, any thoughts on this?

To use the Transfer Money button only you must give User A access to both accounts.

Therefore, as mentioned above - if you want to restrict User A to only access the cash account then they need to do a Spend Money with the Account being Cash Transfer Clearing and then User B with access to the bank account would do a Receive Money with the Account being Cash Transfer Clearing so the transactions cancel out.

Or, only User B does the Transfer, if they have access to both cash and bank accounts

There are many reasons not to give unauthorized users access to accounts. Some administrators, for example, might not want employees to even know of the existence, let alone the balance, of certain accounts. At its core, the ability to transfer money can have profound financial and management implications. It should not be allowed lightly just for the sake of momentary convenience.