Total Amount, total paid, and total due

I need the Total Amount, total paid, and total due in this receipt option.
when a customer pays an installment, we give him a receipt, This receipt should show the Total sales invoice value, total paid amount, and total due.
Please give this option.

Imagine, You have a customer, Who has to pay 10 installments for One Purchase.
1st, you gave him a Sales Invoice (Where Product and amount is well briefed)
2nd, He/She give you 1st payment, Then you give him a Receipt.
Now, this receipt should say, current payment amount, Total Sales invoice amount and Total due amount.
So, the customer will remember easily his/her payment status.

1 Like

This invoice is not printable in one page.
in the other hand, we can see his/her payment history by his ledger or clicking Accounts receivable/Accounts Payable.

Use the Customer Statements (Transactions) report for this

Why does it matter if it is printed on two pages?

There is a lot of details on the invoices and many payments

Customer statement is a different thing.
here, I am not talking about the customer statement.
we need some features for the Invoice option.
When we pay/receive money for a particular invoice, customer needs to know, how much he paid and how much due right now.
Like,

If, Manager give this feature on custom theme, It will be appreciated.
Thanks for your comment.

1 Like

I don’t understand how you can change a tax document during time based on payments. Once the document is issued you cannot change it anymore. In Europe it is even illegal. You should use instead a statement.

How total amount calculated?
Total means: Product sells amount + VAT.
Vat is calculated when invoice is made.

I’m not talking about change tax document.

You are saying that each time you receive a payment you want to reissue an updated invoice.

@Mahfuzur_Rahman I think I understood what you want. You don’t want to show separate receipts in the total of the invoice, instead, you want them summarized in a single line.

But then you will not be able to get the details because the view form isn’t linkable. So Idk about the practicality of this so maybe the developer or one of the moderators can provide better insight.

But for now, you can still achieve the results you want or at least avoid the long totals by either:

1. Developing a custom theme to iterate over the totals and sum all totals with label containing “Less: Payment”, or
  2. Using more conventional methods, enter the entire contract as a purchase order and use progressive billing (i.e. 1 invoice per stage or 1 invoice per payment).

What you describe is an account statement, not a receipt. A receipt only records a specific monetary transaction.

You object to providing full detail on the status of a sales invoice on the sales invoice, yet you want to add unrelated information to the receipt. You also want the information a statement provides, but do not want to issue a statement. The program already gives you the ability to furnish your customer with the desired information.

Themes cannot provide additional information. They only change the appearance of what the program already furnishes for a transaction. When you create a receipt, the statement information is not passed to the receipt entry form, so it is not available to be displayed by any theme, either built-in or custom.