Tax codes not appearing in imported business files for Ghana

After importing an old business file into a new manager installation(version 22.1.4 Server/Windows), the tax codes are not created by default as I expected. However, the case is not the same for new business files created in the new installation. Is there something I’m not doing well?

For existing businesses, you will have to link the existing tax codes to reporting categories.

The reason for this is that localization don’t duplicate your tax codes or overwrite them, either way messing up your tax setup.

You did not import an old business into a new installation. You never import any business into the application itself. Your old business data is still maintained in the very same file it was in or, if you imported it to an installation with a different application data folder, the data is in an identical file. So, you have the same business, not a new one.

Okay so basically you will have to create the tax codes for the imported business file if you did not have any, right?

I suppose so, because I don’t think the localization checks if an existing business has tax codes or not but maybe it should in the future.