Tax base amount and tax amount per line

Are there variables we can use in HTML templates to show show tax base amount and tax amount per line item on Invoices/Quotes?

Hello

I do have the same concern.

Can the program show the tax amount per line item?
for example (VAT 10%):

item sales price is $100
Quantity 1

I need a column shows the tax amount ($10) and the last column will show the total ($110)

You cannot do that. The line item shows only the tax code applied. The sum of all taxes for every tax code used on an invoice shows at the bottom. This satisfies every known tax system around the world.

Dear @ Tut,

Full respect to your opinion about satisfying all tax systems around the world!!! (in my country, they are asking per line item (KSA)

Saying can NOT, is it system limitation? or something to do with extra programming.

I am really considering changing the program.

Thanks

i believe they would have asked only to mention the tax which has been applied per line item. you may read the govt rules again to better understand the same.

in Manager,

1. if the tax rates are same for all the line items on an invoice, then the tax rate and amount is shown along with invoice totals.
  2. if the tax rates are different for each line item, then the relevant tax name is displayed against each item and the total of each tax name is displayed separately along with the invoice totals.

either way Manager fulfills the requirements.

if possible please post any official link where you believe your government has explicitly mentioned the tax amounts to be mentioned per line.

Thanks for the reply.

Still my inquiry is simple:-

Saying can NOT, Is it system limitation? or something to do with extra programming.

neither.
i guess its just something unnecessary to modify when its already available to meet all govt requirements (if not personal user requirements).

This is a a sample of what i am asking about:

Yes, that is what you are asking, but when all line items have the same VAT rate, say 5%, there is no legal requirement to show that rate against all lines, it can be legally shown per invoice.

However, if there are different VAT rates for different line items, then VAT rate must be shown per line.

It has absolutely nothing to do with any “system limitation” or “extra programming”.

Manager is an internationally accepted accounting software, including with users from your own country. What you are requesting is not an internationally accepted practise so why should Manager re-write its programmes just so you are satisfied.

Please try other programmes but don’t be surprised if you face the exact same VAT rate presentation problems, and they don’t have forums where users can even make such requests.

You are saying:-

“Please try other programmes but don’t be surprised if you face the exact same VAT rate presentation problems, and they don’t have forums where users can even make such requests.”

Yes, there are many software offering what I am asking about, and one of them is the one I pasted above.

Please do not be so defensive and proclaim things that others already are offering.

And to me now I am clear about what the manager (it can be, but there is no drive to make it)

The CASE is CLOSED

Don’t worry I wasn’t being defensive, I saw the various mathematical errors on your sample:

Third product: 100 x 1 = 100 @ 5% = VAT of 5, yet they are showing VAT of 6, then 100 + 6 = 106, yet they are showing 131 - an additional unexplained 25. Then at the bottom there is the conflict between the Products Tax @ 17 and the VAT @ 18.

But then there is the really confusing maths: the 3 products total 352 including VAT of 17.
yet at the top it states that the Amount Due is 369 a difference of 17 which appears to be duplicating the VAT which has already been included in the 352.

So if this example was from a genuine accounting software, I wouldn’t be having any confidence in it, if it can’t even get the most basic mathematics correct, BUT the presentation is perfect, so what else counts.