Switch template doesn't work on Safari

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that post. That explains it.

Hey,

My own designed invoice templates are gone, how can this?

Have you looked under Settings => Templates?

Yes, but I can not choose from templates at the sales invoice.

If your software is up to date, repeated clicking of the Switch Template button cycles through available templates, including the default one. But if you’ve read this thread, you will have seen that there was a bug where that didn’t work. But that was fixed 10 versions ago.

Do not have the button of change template, but nothing happens. Baal that I lost my billing setup.

What edition (desktop, server) are you using and what is the version number under About Manager?

Also, can you post a screen shot of what you see when you click Templates under Settings?

As an additional thought, have you just updated from a very old version? (older than November 2016) If so, you may be referring to View Templates that applied only to sales invoices. Those were replaced in version 16.11.24 with custom themes that applied to all forms. The old view templates did not carry over to themes. But themes have now been carried forward to the new Templates as of version 17.6.0. And further enhancements have been added 35 times since that.

Use the desktop version, the version number is Manager 17.6.35

See my edited last paragraph above, which I was typing as you posted.

For example, he is on template

Your screen shots show that you have at least one custom template created. Otherwise, you would not have the button. Presumably, the first screen shot is the default template and the second is the custom one. Your problem is that the code for the custom template is not correct.

Old view templates used HTML. Current templates use Liquid templating language, which shares some but not all characteristics and syntax.

To create a functional template, follow procedures described here: [17.6.0] New workflow for custom templates. Then modify the default code to obtain the specific characteristics you want. Guidance on Liquid can be found here: Liquid template language.

But I had a working template. An update is just gone, how can this be?

I just see that I do not work with safari, does that matter?

This problem had started when the switch template theme was introduced. In my experience when i had updated to the very version that introduced the change (i do not remember the version number), it automatically detected my custom theme. But still i had already copied my custom theme code as a backup just in case.

So coming back to your problem. I do not know if this would work but if you have the installer for the older version and if you had taken a backup of your business data before upgrading, then uninstall your new version, install the old version and import your old business data backup. If you are lucky you might have your custom theme like before. Now copy the custom theme code to notepad and save it. Then upgrade Manager and just copy your custom theme back to the templates.

Tell me if it works for you.

Hello, no, that does not work for me. If I get an old version, I get an error. It went wrong when the themes were replaced by templates. Do you know a program that allows me to edit the template?

@Henri, you did not answer my earlier question as to whether you were updating from a version prior to November 2016. Based on your responses, however, I believe that was the case. If so, let me explain what happened:

• Manager originally supported only very minor changes to sales invoices through a Settings category called Sales Invoice Template.
  • Then were introduced what were called View Templates. These were written in HTML and also affected only sales invoices. They allowed much greater freedom to customize sales invoices.
  • In November 2016, at version 16.11.24, Themes were introduced. Themes were written in Liquid and applied to all forms. You could have as many different themes as you wanted. For the sake of legacy users, the program still supported existing, obsolete View Templates. But you could not create new ones.
  • Approximately 8 June 2017, at version 17.6.0, themes were replaced by Templates. These could be copied from a web site, edited, or written from scratch, also in Liquid. At this point, support for the obsolete View Templates was discontinued. However, existing custom themes were automatically converted to custom Templates. So there was a seven-month period during which you could have brought your custom presentation up to date.
  • In the two weeks since they were introduced, the Templates feature has already undergone substantial improvement. First, multiple templates were incorporated. Then the ability to designate a primary and secondary templates was added. All this was done in response to feedback from users trying out the initial implementation.

The future does not lie with reverting to a scheme two generations old. There will be no support for older versions of the program. And Guides are written for the current version. Questions on the forum are answered from the perspective of current or very recent versions. So you should focus on choosing or writing a template that meets your need.

Templates are edited directly within Manager. After you have created a template according to instructions here: [17.6.0] New workflow for custom templates, under Settings => Templates, click Edit for the template you want to edit. You will see the code. Edit the code within the viewing window and click Update.

Dear Tut,

It is quite clear. I have to say I am a Dutchman and my English is very bad. So I translate everything through Google Translate. I think the program is all top so do not worry about it. I downloaded this program Liquid this afternoon, but it is also in English. Do you know if I can put that program in the Netherlands?

Believe me, @Henri, your English is much better than my Dutch. :wink:

Liquid is not a program. It is a computer language. Therefore, while some of it may look like English or contain English-looking text, it is not “in English.” It is a language of its own. So it cannot be translated into some other language.

Realistically, the skill level involved with creating Liquid templates for Manager is not high. I suspect any local web developer would be able to help you.