Suspense in Summary for 100% Discount Item in Purchase Invoice

Hi @lubos

I’m seeing a suspense in my summary for a purchase invoice where only freight is paid, because the supplier gave 100% discount for the item.

Below are screenshots for references:

Payment is in USD and paid from USD account. Suspense is showing in the local currency.

It disappears when I change or remove the discount %. How do I fix this?

Thanks

I.s.o. selecting Freight-in under Item, select 180PEZZI Art Box, tick the Column - Description tick box and enter Freight-in into the Description entry field.

1 Like

what does it do, I mean adding the description? freight-in is a built-in Manager feature to add freight charge. I paid zero value to goods, but 51 as freight for goods, so I want to show it.
The issue I believe is because the item has a 100% discount and no value. But i dont seem to understand the error on suspense.

Show the edit screen of that suspense account. As the suspense amount is higher you may have many entries that are put in suspense.

nope, it’s just from this transaction.

What Manager has done is converted the $ amount paid from a $ account to my local currency as the suspense account.

There’s no other transaction in suspense account. You can see it in the suspense debit value too, that it’s only from this transaction.

You still need to show the edit screen, you are right that it is only this amount, but we need to see the full edit screen from top to bottom not just an excerpt, include the blue link also.

This issue is caused by the way the freight-in item works. It allocates the freight cost to all inventory items on the purchase invoice according to their value. If you have a zero-value item, it cannot allocate. Therefore, you cannot use that feature. That is why @Mark told you to enter freight charges as a specific charge posted to the inventory item.

2 Likes

thanks for the clear explanation @Tut

Just what I needed to know.