Suggestion for delivery address on delivery notes

I did not say I thought place of supply was the billing or shipping address. In fact, I’ve said neither of those terms are even used in the official documentation. The documentation also does not say the place of supply is only the name of the state where materials are supplied. The documents refer only to locations and places, sometimes going so far as to specify addresses. It seems clear place of supply is envisioned as a much more specific point than just the state.

This follows the current practice throughout the program. Non-essential information must be entered in custom fields. The delivery address is not essential on a sales invoice, because Manager makes no use of it. Delivery address is essential on a delivery note, because Manager uses it.

As I said in the sentence you quoted. I said it had to be on tax invoices, if different. But it still has no legal significance unless it is the place of supply.

well, the GST portal only takes the State and State code in the place of supply input field. The invoice is the documentation for that.

So shouldn’t it be filled with the presumed delivery address, which would be the customer’s default address?

That’s certainly one valid perspective. But I can guarantee you that if the program is changed to do that, others will complain about an address being used that they did not want or enter. :wink: As I said in an earlier post, I guessed that is how delivery addresses would be implemented, but I guessed wrong. And I also see logic in the current approach.

i guess the discussion is going in a different route now.

the only points to be considered are below.

1. Delivery address should show the default billing address if no separate delivery address is entered for a customer.

2. Atleast make a check-box called Same as billing address against the delivery address field. this would solve the delivery note showing the address in the initial case.

3. since there is no field for delivery address on the sales invoice form, please consider converting the newly added delivery address field for customers tab as a custom field with the provision of editing the heading. this would help capturing the delivery address automatically to the custom field created for sales invoices. there would be no necessity to modify the form.

2 Likes

These aren’t my decisions to make.

i know. :wink: but that would give a summary to @lubos and he can give his opinions.

2 Likes

The issue we are having here is to have the delivery address only populated on the delivery note. The delivery address should be on each document printed regardless if it is legal or not. Ideally we should see it from Sales order (if not proforma but not essential). To invoice and finally to Delivery note to obviously. The reason being a larger company would have a few sites and and each site may or may not have different rules when delivering. Those information are important as per when packing using the Sales order. We can get it right from there. Some site will not allow delivery after certain hours, or packing must be done under certain rules (additional labels etc. ) those rules are specific to each customers. Without the address it make it difficult to pack (specifically if needed) or to book special delivery slots (when applicable). Obviously a few customers have more than 2 sites but that is something slightly different and addresses a different issue aswell.

If “recipient.address” for “Billing address” then what is for “Delivery address” in custom theme?

Site.address maybe

Can anyone guide me on this. I know templates are moved to Obsolete Features.

I would like to display the Delivery address as Service address using custom theme till we get alternative of custom theme.