Sort function does not work properly

when i click sort by transaction it should show sale invoice in numerical order like 1,2,3,4 but its not sorting properly before this function worked properly but now its not working @lubos image

This is the way Manager’s sort functionality for such a column works. Content in table columns with mixed information is treated as text, not numbers. So “Sales Invoice — 10” comes before “Sales Invoice — 2” because 1 sorts before 2 when doing an alpha-numeric sort. This is the only way it can work. Suppose you are drilling down on an income account from the Summary page. You might have transactions that, in the default date order, show as:

• Sales Invoice — 9
  • Credit Note — 4
  • Sales Invoice — 35
  • Receipt — 3

When doing a forward sort on the Transaction column, you will get:

• Credit Note — 4
  • Receipt — 3
  • Sales Invoice — 35
  • Sales Invoice — 9

You will not get:

• Receipt — 3
  • Credit Note — 4
  • Sales Invoice — 9
  • Sales Invoice — 35

There would be no reason to sort the receipt before the credit note, because their sequence numbers are not related.

You may be remembering an earlier format that did not combine the same information in the table column.

there should be an option to sort by invoice number so the invoices can sorted by numerical order @lubos @Tut

Invoice number is not a column. If you want to look at sales invoices sorted by reference numbers, go to the Sales Invoices tab. Information is presented in different ways in different places.

but if i sort by date then why invoice are not in proper order @lubos @Tut

Probably because it sort them by date and secondly not by number (since you cannot choose the second ordering parameter) but by UUID or creation/update date.

@Davide is correct. You have not said where these screen shots are from, so I do not know what the secondary sort criteria for them are. But Manager makes no distinction between transactions entered for the same date. All are treated as of the end of the day.

i found a solution for this myself …anyway thanks for replying…topic close