Single Touch Payroll Worksheet CSV layout problem

Thank you for your assistance Mark, Vacuumdog and eko. I have received an email from STP and hope that they or Manager.io will change the formatting restrictions as editing the csv file every time before I upload is inconvenient.

1 Like

Hi Bret, Good to know you were able to manually change the date format, but what were the issues with Tax Treatment errors?

@lubos There has been two minor revisions since yesterday from 22.1.55 to 22.1.57, but no release notes since 22.1.27, so not sure if the new revisions have solved the CSV date format issues yet?

Does anyone have good links to ATO (a dummies guide) for each of the dropdown selections in the Employee edit to ensure correct selections are made?

@lubos The Employee edit area has three sections:

• Employee personal info
  • Australia localisation STP info
  • Custom fields STP info
    This is a bit confusing, should the custom fields be gone? if so, how?

Link to ATO Guides for Treatment codes

I found a table on a competitors accounting site that had a table that was easy to read but I cannot find it now and cant post on here.

Latest Version of manager 22.1.57 has changed date from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy. Just need to remove the leading 0 in Month

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be remove leading zeros on both day and month “d/M/yyyy”?

1 Like

There is some clean up work I still need to do but STP Phase 2 integration should be working fine as of the latest version (22.1.59).

1 Like

Fantastic @lubos , thank you!
Another, typical ATO induced nightmare.
This version works well.
Still exports dates in an unsuported format, so we still need to reformat the dates to d/M/yyyy once exported, but other than that, perfect.

2 Likes

After manually changing the date format to d/m/yyyy in the CSV file, I managed to get 2 files to upload successfully, but the third file keeps getting an error, but no suggestion as to what type of error.

If click on home hypertext, the next screen is …

@lubos and others, by way of feedback to help any others facing the same issues with STP light.
I’ve been on the phone to their tech support (they only offer 10 min help (after it goes to $200/10min))
NOTE: They actually recommend manual entry over CSV file, for under 20 staff.

My issue was caused because I loaded some CSV files from previous 20/21 financial year (the tech said what I sent shouldn’t have been able to work, and couldn’t believe it made it through to ATO with an approved :)), but in order to be able to load the 21/22 financial year CSV files, firstly the 20/21 financial year needed to be closed off manually in STP Light …
Go to STP EVENTS / Direct Entry
Select “START NEW EVENT” …

Next screen the employee should be with blue tick, but mine was not … so we did the following steps to correct this issue (sounded like a glitch/bug)

To fix this the tech sent me to do the following steps … ENTITIES / Select Fields

… allowances …

Set Allowances → Other Allowances to value = 2 … then “SAVE”

Next was ENTITIES / EDIT EMPLOYEES …

Select the existing employee

Check the settings are correct, and press SAVE, even if you do not change anthing …

Now when you go back to STP EVENTS / START NEW EVENTS …
Notice the blue tick is now working … and you will notice the warnings have now gone,
Change both dates to the last financial year closing , i.e. 30/06/2021
Select “NEXT”

Set both the dates to the EOFY closing , i.e. 30/06/2021
Check the values are reconciled to EOFY closing
Tick the “Final event/EOFY” checkbox
Select Next.

This now closes the year for STP so you can begin sending the next financial year CSV files.

As a separate note and feedback on the CSV date format.
I notice that if I manually change the date format to d/m/yyyy, after saving the CSV file it reverted back to d/mm/yyyy, regardless, however this d/mm/yyyy format went through STP Light to ATO without any issues.

This topic was closed because it discussed several different STP bugs and questions about why the ATO was asking for specific data in the way it did. The topic had become impossible to follow. If you encounter new problems with Australian STP submissions, please start a new topic.