Single Touch Payroll Worksheet CSV layout problem

@lubos really appreciate you taking a look at this STP feature for all of us.

With the help of you guys, I’ve managed to fix multiple historical errors my previous accountants had made, and now with 100% confidence of my books accuracy over the last five years, I’ve been able to submit my own BAS with corrections for past errors … it’s now clean and up to date.

Now I need to catch up with the STP side and hopefully this gets resolved so a non-financial business owner like myself can follow with 100% confidence will be a great milestone.
Looking forward to being able to submit my STP soon.

Just found another possible issue with the STP worksheet with 21.7.49. The Super guarantee amount is ten times the SG earnings amount but it should be the other way around.

1 Like

Hi @lubos just checking, do you have a time line for fixing the STP? I need to lodge my tax returns ASAP.
I am on Ver 21.7.24, I see above issues at ver 21.7.49, and current is ver 21.7.51
My BAS is all done, I did create my STP .csv files (but with errors)

Thanks. Fixed in the latest version (21.7.52)

We just created a whole heap of STPR reports and saved them ready for upload only to discover the Payroll numbers are not present . Re imported the STPR form settings to no avail .
Is this still a problem or have we missed something …

Ok , looks like we may have worked it out by copying and pasting into Employee details from previous csv files . singletouchau has accepted the uploads . But we do need to redo all of the STPRs , oh well … :roll_eyes:

Hi @Patch @lubos ,
Reaching out to you because you seem to be on the ball with this feature.

I’ve been distracted with work and not looked at this Single Touch Payroll issues for a bit.
I kinda paused for a while, because it was too confusing to understand ATO requirements, the Single Touch software and Manager and whether it was compliant or not.

I recall you used an older version for live to avoid the issues in the more recent releases of Manager.
Has any of this been addressed yet?
I feel like this was left broken with little information to know what to do next.

While I experiment with later software on a test computer, my production system runs a Manager version which still supports specification of year to date period separately to the pay period range. Manager v21.6.17 does this but versions a bit later may also support the the more advanced localisations.

When I last logged into single touch I noted they report now show employer year to date totals not just the period totals the ATO requires and they previously displayed. So perhaps Single touch will compensate to Managers decreased functionality.

@lubos can you please take a look at the ATO STP issues, I have huge hesitancy to use Manager to generate proper csv files for STP to submit, but also now getting overdue, so anxiety and confusion creeping in.

Hi @lubos could you please confirm this field in STP for Full Time Employment?
It has an extra character " F ⁠"
Is this a bug?
Do we need to manually remove the " ⁠" before sending via Single Touch?

P.S. is the STP - CSV file format compliant for STP phase 2 ?

I’m still a bit lost and confused, desperately wanting to submit my STP today, but the following things are holding me back:

• What to do about the extra " ⁠" character generated in the “Full Time Employment” field of the STP CSV file? (do we leave it? do we delete it?)

• Is the CSV file STP phase 2 compliant? If not by when?

The latest version (22.1.40) can produce CSV file for STP Phase 2. Also, the employee figures are YTD again.

But, it’s still a bit rough to use. I will need extra day or two to make this more user friendly.

2 Likes

Thanks @lubos I will wait until it is tidied up (pseudo code tester for the day :slight_smile: ), this has been my Achilleas heal for a while now, so I really appreciate you focusing on this one :100:

Hi @lubos, I am just wondering how close you are to completing the final bits of this STP Phase 2, and when it will be ready for safe user friendly use?

Any update on this will be announced in this topic @OCPL by @lubos

1 Like

I have updated to the latest manager 22.1.52. Trying to upload csv to STPlite and get the following errors. I have edited the Employee files and used the calendar to put in DOB and EMP Hire Dates thinking that if I did this it couldn’t be wrong.

f

Excel clearly shows the date are in the correct format

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Most errors indicate that the date format should be d/M/yyyy but you are using dd/mm/yyyy. You will have to find out what the 2 ‘Tax treatment code’ errors mean and how to solve them.

Which option do I choose to change this?

@BertChris
You need to change the format of ALL the date cells in the actual spreadsheet to d/M/yyyy

xldf

You can not in Manager, but in a spreadsheet as @VACUUMDOG advised.