Setting up manager server on the internet

hi guys,
i just got manger server edition install on a server exposed to internet, i have 2 questions:
1-followed the installation to get LE, however i noticed after running this command. caddy reverse-proxy --from accounting.company.com --to 127.0.0.1:8080 the consoles performs some steps and stops and nothing happends after a while, i have to Ctrl C to terminate the process. however the LE get installed, is that normal behavior? just curios.
2-SInce i want to exposed this to the internet, is there any way i can protect it with 2FA ? is this being planned for the future releases?
thanks

Windows, Mac or Linux server edition? If you ensure that the server hardware is adequate and followed all the steps exactly as in the guides at https://www.manager.io/server/installation/ then all should work correctly.

Easiest is to delete the current installation and do a fresh install and ensure not to skip any step or read things partially rather than in full. Also ensure that if the guides requires you to download and install additional applications for example to enable HTTPS with Linux to “…Download Caddy…” and install, that you do so in the sequence mentioned.

Note that using Server edition requires you to be proficient in server management as no support will be provided further than the installation instructions I linked to. In most cases it is better and cheaper to use Cloud edition. Using your own server, bandwidth and the annual renewal of the Server License (although the license is perpetual, it only includes 1 year of support and updates, you need to renew it at reduced costs annually if you want to be able to get newer versions). We use Server edition but are well qualified to do so and only because we do not like our financial data on anyone else’s server. However, the trend everywhere, see Quickbooks, Xero, Zoho, etc. is to let the user pay for cloud services (subscriptions) and thereby focus on what is important, i.e. accounting rather than server and application management.

As for 2FA, this has been in the ideas category since August 2020, see 2fa for manager.io server and despite clear need for this, it has not materialized. Note that there are currently about 260 items in the Ideas category of which the oldest is of July 2017 and this list is getting longer by the day without seeing @Lubos making much progress in addressing it, if anything just adding more into it giving hope that someday it will be addressed. So as for 2FA let’s hope it gets implemented before a new security protocol in the future will be overtaking the clumsy 2FA (even though far better than current username and password only system).