Server edition in my www.mydomain.tld

Can I install “Manager Server Edition” in my hosting space mydomain.tld ?

The fact that you are asking this question, make me wonder whether you have the necessary knowledge and staff to install and manage a server.

The answer is probably that yes you can but you would need to look at your contract with your domain provider.

Joe,

Thank you for your reply!
I do have the necessary knowledge, but probably I am not as smart as you are!

Is there any specific reason to look the contract? Can I install it just like any other software of the same category, that successfully running at my domain right now? (as vtiger, dolibarr etc).

How can I answer that question? you will have to read the T & Cs attached to your contract with the hosting provider.
I have no expertise in the area of using hosting services and I cannot comment on what they might or might not allow.

Joe,
In any case, thank you for your efforts!

If anyone knows about it, please post a reply.
What I conclude up to now is: I can install it in a Dedicated Server, running Ubuntu.
I finally managed to find out that: in a Shared Hosting Environment (without Ubuntu) cannot be done, in an attempt to help any other person that has the same question.

1 Like

Did you read the server installation instructions? Ubuntu | Manager.

Yes I did!

Tut, being more precise, all the hosting packages I have booked are running CentOS Linux and are most of them shared.
The Manager Server Edition, as far as I can see, can be installed, as a web based program, in Ubuntu Linux and certainly not in a shared package (but in a Dedicated or VPS hosting).

Of cource, one can say that there is the Manager Cloud Version. Yes, I do realise that there is also the Cloud Version.

1 Like

From what i know the manager is a software not a hosting package not an webapp
ita has an .exe in windows and whatever equivalent linux use (not expert in linux)

you need an “virtual machine” to install it to
a dedicated server shared one or whatever

then if you want you can link the ip of the manager from the server to the domain you want to use

in vm with ubuntu 16.4 it run very smooth one my friend tested it

2 Likes

@Genti_Ge
link the ip of the manager from the server to the domain you want to use. how to do this?,

You need general IT skills to do that. Support is via general IT forums and organisations that supply domain name hosting services.

first if you think to host it in your pc dont even try,
if you want to host it in an internet virtual machine, or droplets how some websites call them then you can link it.
after you install the server in an linux or windows virtual machine, you will have an ip adress to access manager. like for example. 166.668.688.25:8080 or name.hostprovider.com:8080 after you successfully installed manager and you have access to it by this adress you can move on to purchase your domain, when you buy a domain www.example.com you will be asked to insert the adress of your webpage in this case you will insert the adress you use to access manager

however since it seems you dont have much experience i will recomend purchasing cloud edition of manager, its easy and trouble free, also you will not need to manually update it in your server because the cloud eddition is automatically updated

I don’t think anyone knows who they are responding to. This is a four-year old topic, so I am closing it.