Selling the business and transferring data

I have a buyer for my business. I would like to transfer all the Chart of accounts, customers, suppliers to the new owners without all my data over the past 4 years, can this be achieved

What do you mean by COA, customers and suppliers?

I assume the data you don’t want to transfer is the transactions (i.e. invoices, receipts, journal entries … etc.). Is that right?
Do you want to transfer the balances as well?

Hi@Ealfardan Thank you for you message. Basically I would like to transfer all of my setup, but yes as you say not the transactions, or balances.
Of course they already have my P&L’s for the last 3 years, so they know what has been done but would like them to set up their own fixed assets from the equipment that comes with the business, and not show any invoices, purchases from the date we sign.

Just backup the business and change its name. Then remove any lock date. Then go to transactions tabs and batch delete everything.

Then go to the summary screen or starting balances report and remove any starting balances.

• Make a backup of your business
  • open the backup and change its name
  • batch delete anything you do not want to give away
  • new owner then sets start date at date of handover with his own starting balances

Hi @Ealfardan Many thanks, very helpful, to get rid of old emails, when backing up, just untick all 3 boxes, there does not seem to be a batch delete for emails, but by backing up with email box unticked all good

Hi @Patch Many thanks, very helpful, to get rid of old emails, when backing up, just untick all 3 boxes, there does not seem to be a batch delete for emails, but by backing up with email box unticked all good

After you have deleted all you want, you will need to back up again without history, then deliver that file.

1 Like