Security of data

i am new to manager.io dear good peoples. i really appreciate that manager.io has found a way to help people exclusivly. this is perfect setup for starter like me.im just having some trouble having on trust this with my all data and live on it.:slight_smile: please do let me know if there is some one using this for years and any bad experience they have.

Welcome @Hussain_Fatehali
No bad experience till date, it is recommended to have some basic knowledge of accounts.
Good Luck.
https://www.manager.io/businesses

1 Like

In my 10 years on the forum, and 8 years as a moderator, I have never seen a report of data security problems. Some have asked for extra forms of security, but that is a separate issue.

1 Like

Given large companies business model is now based on monetise your data and treat you as the product not customer; so l agree with your initial concerns.

As far as I can tell Manager does not use that business model. Based on

• install the desktop version and block or monitor all traffic to the internet (on Windows you will need to block Microsoft data collection via Edge/Webview2). No unexpected traffic occurs and Manager functions normally with no internet communication.

• install the server version of Manager. Repeat the above tests and I get the same results.

The conclusion I draw is Managerโ€™s business model is based on treating you as the customer and making a profit from direct fees not selling your data.

1 Like