Server edition information

I want to buy server edition, i tested it for few days.
i want to know few things.

1. if i configure it for WAN, and someone access login page somehow, is it or there are any chances are someone can break password or login by any means? is it fully secured?
    and does it include data encryption and accessed and login from network?

2. if i have 2 different business with two different location and i wont want to turn on WAN access (Internet is not available on 1 location but local area network available), is it possible to install it in two different computers with same license key?

3. is it better that Quickbooks pro desktop version?

4. in server edition can we configure access for our clients so they can login and cheque their invoices and account balance? and same for Suppliers?

5. IF configure for WAN, Can we limit or block access from specific IPs and Countries for security?

6)do it have activity logs? e.g. if want to check which accountant or user create invoice or create purchase order etc, can i track that?

1. Can we have same account for Supplier and Customer? because sometimes supplier is also customer for different product, is possible to use same customer account for both transaction?

server edition is configured by the Administrator. just like any server the Administrator is responsible for the security of data stored on the server system. giving access to other users to the server system is the decision of the Administrator.

the business data file is stored on the server and it has to be accessed from the server.

you have tested it yourself for few days. so what is your opinion? :wink:

you do have the ability to set user restrictions. but this is still improving. so i guess you can check yourself by setting rules for a trial user account.

this is best done outside of Manager. Manager itself is not an operating system.

you do have Audit Trail as a feature.

at present no. you will have to create them separately because the accounts related to a supplier and customer are different. there maybe improvements in the future regarding this.

Thank you for your opinion, it looks like you didnt understand my 1st question or i didnt understand your reply, in simple do it has security issues like wordpress?
if someone get to login page, how difficult for him if to login? any security bugs here or it is secure.?

if someone know server IP e.g http://123.123.123.123:8080 he will be able to reacg login page, how system admin can stop him?

So it means with 1 license key i will be install it only on 1 computer. right?

one more thing, is there any limit or adding business names? in trial it looks like we can add multiple business names.

like i said earlier, protecting access to your IP is done external of Manager. you have to configure your OS for this either by any default application or third-party application.
every user will have their own username and password. i believe there is also going to be few improvements regarding the password reset method.

yes. but any number of re-installation is possible.

No, but read this Guide Manager Guides

still confuse about that.
i will define NAT rule in router for specific port and it will forward all requests to Manager Server and it will forward request to login page.
are you saying i have to put extra security layer between router and Server?

my question was

anyone can access yahoo or gmail login page but hacking into account if quite difficult, same way if you have installed wordpress on hosting, change or infection are higher because many plugins are weak and allow code injection or access to data.
another example, it is very easy to access cpanel login page of any hosting but very difficult to access data or hack it.

in case of Manager server edition, if someone is able to access login page, what are chances that he can hack, infect or access data?

both time to answer different thing, please forget extra security layer and start from login page, how much secure is it.

that is limited. quickbooks allow multiple installations, atleast 3 i believe.
if i have to buy 2 license for different locations, it will/ be very costly option where it already cost at least twice than quickbooks pro desktop (219USD)

Slow support. If manager guys are not replying here how can i expect support after purchase ?

No contact email given on site.
no contact phone and no serious support in forum.
how you guys are selling it ?

You have been in direct personal contact with the developer on your parallel thread. You are spreading your discussion of what is basically a single topic (server usage limitations) across multiple forum topics, so no one can follow you.

Please read above thread.it was reply to above thread after 3,4 days wait.

My point was that you will only get a reply on one thread. Putting essentially the same question on multiple threads slows down responses.

@Mian_Waqas_Azfar most of the development support came from an only developer, if you talking about sales team, department or what not. He does not have it as far I can tell. The moderators does not seem to be employees of the an only developer not even a fraction of evidence. Most replies you get from these are moderators and manager users (volunteered support contributor) not ‘guy as in employees’.

Be patient. Do it with your current accounting software, until you get the information you need to decide to go for manager or not. Desktop server edition always there free to download and test. Go hack it or break it the software if you will. Once you get the evidence of bugs or security flaws and post it here. You will get the immediate response from the an only developer named Lubos.

1 Like