Sales invoice sent by e-mail

Is it possible to add a column to the screen of the sales invoices, which indicates whether an invoice has been sent by email?

this is unnecessary in my opinion because the email is handled by your email service provider and there is no guarantee that the email is delivered to the recipient just because the email has been sent.

For that I use a date custom field. This way I can see if and when I have sent the invoice.

That’s a good idea, I hadn’t thought of that

that is true, but overview has been sent or not prevents double sending

System knows the mail has been sent, would be better and prevents mistake

The Emails tab list already tells you whether the invoice has been sent.

The email tab provides a complete overview of everything that has been sent.

Would be nice if you could see this directly with the sales invoices per sales invoice

1 Like

Wait until until you need to find something specific that has been sent or not sent…. it is a mission. Searching page by page 97 email pages later I could prove a case to a customer.

i understand the necessity of search and sort function and I support it. your topic is in the ideas

anyway like I mentioned earlier you cannot prove the customer that the mail was actually sent just because Manager has listed it.

what you could do is enable sending a copy of the mail to yourself and then set filters in your mail client to categorize them to suit your needs. for example, you could label or move the mail to separate folders for individual customer.

this is my personal way of doing things because it assures me that if I can receive a copy of the mail, then there is no reason the mail would not be delivered to the recipient unless they have issues at their end which is not my concern.

1 Like

That’s what I do too.

Sorry guys I suspect you have control over the companies that you administer and your mail services but when your system hosts entities not under your control no one / staff should be scratching around those sent and inbox items of the smtp / mail service. Manager has Tabs and History it just needs to work as intended. No wasting time jumping off to Mail Clients and so forth. The copy to option turned off because of volume.

The idea behind my question is not to know whether the e-mail has been received, but whether the button has been pressed to send the sales invoice.

System knows that, it would be nice if that became visible.

@compuit you don’t need any more controls than you already have, just go to Settings > Email Settings and check this box:

But what @sharpdrivetek said is absolutely true.

Maybe if we take a step back and look at things differently maybe then we can reach somewhere. You’ve had your concerns of how emails are handled and I agree with some of the points you raised.

At one point in time, emails were merged with History which I believed was fantastic but somehow this change was reversed. No explanation was provided then but I would really appreciate if @lubos could throw us a lifeline here.

The way I see it is that if emails were not their own thing, but instead were children of the transaction that originated them – much like History, then they can be displayed for each transaction as part of history or as a separate button.

@compuit, would having an “Emails” button at the bottom of each transaction solve your problem?

this was how it used to be until Emails were again moved out of History as you pointed out.

I think I am stepping on smpons question / Suggestion here so seeing my pain is really more the email tab (& History) search and functionality I will back out of this topic. I do think smpons suggestion of having a status or indicator that an invoice has been emailed is a nice to have. However it seems to me to be on an invoice by invoice basis which does not fully stack up against the beauty of typing in search criteria (against a date range) and then Manager showing the results, say like under the invoice tab.

Idk what you’re trying to achieve but it seems to me that:

• Seeing whether a specific invoice is sent is better handled invoice by invoice.
  • Identifying unsent invoices is better handled by an emails counter column in the transaction tabs.

Also, making less use of the emails tabs ensures that your confidentiality concerns are met since no body will need to have full access to the emails tab since all of their emails needs are handled in other tabs.

I hope I didn’t miss any major use cases but I am sure you’ll let us know. :slightly_smiling_face: