Sales Invoice display format and printout format is different

Hi,

Please help me with this problem. The Received By and Signature looks good on Sales invoice when display but then when I print it change the position and attached with border too.

Regards
Calvin

this is a problem related to your theme customization.
there are many topics on the forum which discuss the same issue. you can search the forum for ideas.
if you do not have the necessary coding skills, please hire a programmer locally to customize theme as per your preference.

Hi,

Can anyone help? Appreciate if someone could help me. Couldn’t find related topics as told.

Thank you for kind help
Regards
Cavin

Dear Tut,

Other then trying to solve the PDF print out problem, now the system crash 2 times. I am using Ver 19.2.74. I have solve the direct print issue. Using Print Microsoft to PDF works find. Only PDF and email is not working with Authorised Signature drop to next line. How else can I get it solve?

Thank You
Regards

as informed to you earlier, the problem is caused by your coding.

Manager works like a browser so the coding may appear fine in Manager window. but the internal pdf generator do not support all liquid code. this is the reason your pdf and email displays the layout differently to that seen in Manager window.

using the Print button prints exactly what is seen in Manager window. the internal pdf generator is not involved in this case and therefore the Microsoft Print to PDF will display the layout correctly.

The images you have shown are from samples of themes, to show generally how they look. These examples are not transactions and do call the same data as any real transaction. So you cannot use them to design themes or judge how they will look.

Further, as @sharpdrivetek has told you twice, Manager is not a what-you-see-is-what-you-get program. The screen image renders HTML, generated from the Liquid coding of a theme. The PDF is rendered by a PDF generator. The two are not equivalent.

Hello Tut,

I have added signature and date on the sales order theme (copy theme and added few codes). It works well now with PDF print etc…

When I apply it to actual Sales order (selecting the custom theme which I customized) the signature and date went missing?
Have miss something? I have selected the theme in the setting.
Regards
Calvin

The only thing you have missed is that the answer to your question has already been given three times. You are responsible for troubleshooting your own custom themes.

not sure what you meant but unless you have set Form Defaults, the theme needs to be set separately for each transaction on the edit screen and not under Settings.

please read the guides.

Hi,

Sorry, I have set the theme separately on the edit screen selecting the customized theme which works perfectly under “Setting/theme”. When I apply it to Sales Order, the perfectly working theme display in Sales Order does not have Signature and Date. It went missing. I am confused with why it works on "Setting/theme and not with Sales Order display.

Regards
Calvin

You are apparently using custom fields for your signature and date fields. These must be created for each transaction type individually. You may have created these custom fields for a different type of transaction. Read Use custom fields | Manager.

Hi Tut,

I have not used the custom field for any transactions.

Regards
Calvin

Hi Tut,

Firstly, the same problem applies to sales invoice too. I re select custom theme at Edit/Sales Invoice and update it. Then I go back to Sales Invoice to select the same custom theme again and it works.
Secondly, Now I try the same method with Sales order and it did not work. Any idea?

Regards
Thanks

make sure you have not used any conditional logic in your liquid code to show the fields only on specific forms.
this is all the help that can be provided on the forum.

Dear sharpdrivetek,

I only added one line of code (Authorised Signature) to the sales order theme. The sales order html code (Smooth Navy) is from Manager.io.

<td colspan="99">
            {% for field in custom_fields %}
            <div style="font-weight: bold; padding-top: 20px">{{ field.label }}</div>
            <div>{{ field.text | newline_to_br }}</div>
            **<div style="text-align:right; font-size: 13px; font-weight=bold;">Authorised Signature:______________________ &nbsp; </div>&nbsp;**
        </td>
    </tr>
           {% endfor %}
</tbody>

I don’t see any conditional logic from your HTML code. Isn’t the code unified for all?
Regards
Thank

OK. So you have hard coded the additions.

Themes are not unique to transaction types. They will govern display of any transaction for which they are selected.

Your problem appears to be that you have buried your added line in a for-loop that displays the custom field array. Since you don’t have any custom fields on sales orders, nothing is printed from that loop.

But this forum really is not the place to troubleshoot code. Your referral to HTML suggests you don’t understand that themes are written in Liquid.

Dear sharpdrivetek,

May I ask if I can copy Smooth Navy theme to new theme twice with different name adding one line of code to it and use for Sales order and Sales Invoice? I try something else. I copy Smooth Gray theme to new theme and added the same one line code to it and apply it to Sales order. It works. But then my document will be in different color scheme. Strange?
Regards
Thank You

Dear Sharpdrivetek,
Dear Tut,

Thank you for your great help. I have already got the problem solved.

Regards
Calvin