Sales invoice , balance due and aging problem

when we search a customer in sales invoice section,
it used to shows all sales invoices of that particular customer along with ‘balance due’ and status such as 2 days over due or 10 days over due etc.

this function is working for some customers and for some it is not working

Manager still behaves in the manner of your very limited description. You need to furnish more information about a specific case and illustrate with screen shots.

first one showing current status, with all greens , though this customer still needs to pay.
second one showing the correct functioning customer.
cant understand why this is happening

You need to show the transaction screen for sales invoices for “jb” that are not being listed

You also need to drill down (in the first screen shot) on the zero balances for JB’s sales invoices. That will show you how they were paid. I suspect you previously entered receipts from JB without designating them for specific invoices. So Manager automatically applied the credit to the unpaid sales invoice with the next due date.

all invoices of jb are showing but none of them are showing balance due, aging , over due etc

i never assign receipts to any particular invoice, that has always worked well previously. only this time it is showing all invoices as paid. In reality all new invoices are not paid . JB customer still needs to pay a lot of amount. but this Sales Invoice Section is not showing his balance correctly.

what is going wrong is that it is applying the same receipts to multiple sales invoices , that is bringing the balance down to zero.

It shouldnt happen like this , one receipt should be for one invoice. I think I know a little bit of IT, it seems like the Receipts to Sales Invoice relationship is one to many or many to many. Should be one to one I guess :slight_smile: just a guess :slight_smile:

@M_Saad_Anis, you did not do what I suggested, which was to drill down by clicking on the zero balances for JB’s invoices. That will show you all the transactions contributing to that zero balance.

However, the mini-statement on the invoice view you did show reveals a problem. What are all those journal entries? Accoriding to the screen shot, you have entered one receipt and four journal entries that were applied to invoice #236.

1 Like

Not so - a customer might have two invoices for 400 and 500 and make one payment of 900

You need to click on the outstanding balance of 10,586,281.50 to see what has been paid and why their is a balance outstanding.

Why have you so many journal entries with payments - this is most unusual and not at all expected. Customer payments are usually handled by a Receipts transaction, not journal entries

1 Like

Journal Entries are done when your customer makes a direct payment to your supplier ( obviously on your orders/requests) because you have to receive money from customer n u have to pay to your vendors. so this is a simple step in one journal entry i.e.

accounts payable supplier debit

accounts receivable customer (jb) credit.

I tried digging and drilling into invoices to see how they are getting paid , cannot find any duplication but there is a problem somewhere because balance in sales invoice screen doesnt match balance in customers section

@M_Saad_Anis, post a screen shot of one of these journal entries. I suspect that sometime in the past, you entered such a transaction without specifying which invoices were involved. So Manager allocates the debits and credits according to the oldest due dates on unpaid invoices. See Resolve automatic credit allocations on sales invoices | Manager.

I have figured it out.

When I transferred my data from excel to manager, Jb had a credit balance transfer ( without journal entry), that is creating the problem.