Restriction of user rights in Control Accounts

Hello, Please I can see that user rights is only limited to bank and cash account. Please how is it possible to have it to other control accounts like Customers, Suppliers and inventory?

I presume you are talking about the Cloud version or Server version

User rights are accorded by the Administrator - so you need to talk to whoever is the Administrator for your business

In cloud version. User rights can be given to employee for certain functions and restrictions to certain areas. Now that the control account is being updated to group customers and suppliers, I think it will also be good if we can have it just like cash and bank accounts that can be assigned to a particular user under user set-up.

Not sure whether I’m putting this question in exactly the right topic, but I have been asked by our Directors whether it would be possible to drill down further with user rights and allow users access to only certain customers and their particular sales orders. For example, employee D works on clients A, B, and C. Rather than giving D access to all sales orders, or all clients / customers, I would like to give access only to the sales orders for clients A, B, and C. Basically, a bit like the way Manager now lets you drill down in bank accounts and select exactly which bank accounts users are allowed to see.

I don’t think the above is possible yet, but I was wondering whether this is something that might be considered for implementation in the future? Thanks

That is not available now. We may be able to limit users so that they are not able to select or use a certain group of customers or suppliers or employees etc in transactions in the future.

The Divisions feature could be developed by introducing a user permission concept to it. Users who are not granted access to certain divisions will not be able to use any balance sheet account assigned to these divisions (customer, employee, supplier) for transactions and also will not be able to see the codes they are not permitted to use in transactions involving nominal accounts. This will ensure higher efficiency in transactional data entry and significantly reduce entry errors. I will post a topic to expand on this idea soon.

ok, thanks for the feedback. Limiting users by division could be useful for some of the other companies I work for, but it would also need to work for companies which do not have divisions, but who just want to limit access for employees based on the particular clients they work with, so they could only access and create invoices for their own clients. Thanks