Restore data from oldest folder

Hi sir,

here i have a problem to restore my old data from crashed system

i made a mistake to get backup of data
instead of that i just copy and paste Manager folder from C drive to D drive

now my system is ready to use…

how i restore from D drive manager folder company data

You did not say what kind of mistake you made. You also did not say what version of Manager you were using or exactly what you are referring to as your “Manager folder.”

If you were able to recover all the files on your old drive, all you need to do is move your business data files to the application data folder on your new installation. See this Guide: Backup, restore, import, and transfer businesses | Manager.

sir sorry to once again for disturbing you,

the above image shows folder name is manager… which i copied from my old crashed computer…

and below picture shows that contains following files…

now i install our new version of manager from manager.io

how i get my company data from that older manager folder… that folder don’t have *.manager file and don’t have application folder any other else…

please mention which file contains my company data in above uploaded image showing file names

sir, if image not clear please download it
kindly help me to restore my company data…

its my mistake not take backup…

balance of files in my manager folder

That is the program directory, where the program code is stored.

Application Data: Manage application data folder contents | Move desktop application data to another folder | Reduce data file size | Open a data file directly

• You need to instead find and backup your “Application data directory”

• After you have backed it up then consider opening the files you find there.

• If you have overwritten your data you will need to restore from backup.

• If you have no electronic back up you will need to restore from your primary data (old bank reports, paper invoices etc).

• When you appreciate the cost of this, organising appropriate backup for similar future events would be advised.

sir, are you saying their is no data file in my screenshots…
but i have those files only…

@Patch is saying that you are looking at the wrong folder.

What you have restored from your backups is the folder that Manager was installed into.

But the folder that Manager stores application data (which is what you want) is located elsewhere.

You will need to go back to your old crashed computer and find the application data folder, which is different :slight_smile:

Note that one of the links they posted says this:

In the desktop edition, your application data folder location is shown in the bottom left corner of the Businesses page.

It’s in the bottom-left of your ‘Businesses’ screen when you first open Manager. Check what the default is for Windows by opening Manager on your new computer, then check in that same location on your old crashed computer. It might be stored in the same place.

Those are the files you want to bring across.

thanks sir, i try to find “application folder” in my old computer… if not yet finding what i do sir… it is older version i am used in my old computer…

humbly i request you sir. kindly share me screen shot where i want search in my crashed computer…

its stored when i copied that “manager folder” is
C:/…/admin/roaming/manager sir…

The first link above is Manage application data folder contents | Manager
It describes the content of the directory you are looking for.

You can try searching for files ending in “.manager”

1 Like