Request for improvement to bank reconciliation format

@lubos I have noticed the improvement in the bank reconciliation feature and I love it especially how you can now easily see the discrepancies in reconciliation.

I however beg that you display the last successful reconciliation date of every bank account in a column in the bank accounts tab regardless of this new feature. Seeing the Status and Last Reconciliation date right in the Bank Accounts tab was very cool. I feel that the Bank Account tab has been robbed of something that made it very complete and a one-stop-shop.

Also, the application used to show details of reconciling items (Date, Description of transaction, Reference number and amount), we need that too as well as displayed in the picture inserted.

Thank you

1 Like

I prefer the previous format of the Bank Reconciliation Statement which listed the individual pending deposits and withdrawals

This made it much easier to explain the differences to auditors and non-accountants alike

2 Likes

To continue with my moan …
I have just carried out my first Bank Reconciliation since the new format was put into operation. Whilst I have no issue with the processing of the operation, the new report format leaves me a bit confused

Previously the report started with the “Closing Balance as per bank statement”, listed the pending deposits and pending withdrawals and arrived at an “Adjusted closing balance as per bank statement” and then had “Closing balance as per Balance Sheet” so it was very clear which totals were which

The new report has “Actual Balance”, pending deposit total and pending withdrawal total to give a “Cleared balance” and a “Discrepancy”. I had to look twice to understand that the term “Actual balance” meant the Balance as per Balance Sheet" and “Cleared Balance” meant the calculated balance which was to be compared with the Balance per Bank statement which is shown in the report header with the amount of the discrepancy, if any, shown below it

The previous report used a clearer and less ambiguous terminology IMHO

2 Likes

@lubos, I agree whole-heartedly with @Joe91 and @Abeiku. Something more like the old format would be better, even though the current process is improved.

I have moved these posts to a new topic and put them into the ideas category.

2 Likes

Urrgh… I like the Itemized Pending Listing So Auditor can trace it easily on their side.